Thought Mexico was building the wall

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":2z8qdy9y said:
You stop the wire transfers south will have a major impact on their economy.
We currently are Mexicos welfare system along stop anchor baby payment across the border.
Anchor babies cost 2 billion a year
Guy I know lived in texas for a while said that money transfers to mexico was the 2nd largest form in income.

Maybe the wall is not physical. It could be financial or mental. If the tariffs are too high then business wont go there? If money is taxed or delayed or can't be sent back to mexico it would stop?

Caustic Burno":16ughtrp said:
wacocowboy":16ughtrp said:
A wall won't do any good they will tunnel under it and climb over it faster than they can build the dang thing. Put troops down there and anyone crossing will be considered an invading army.

You have to cut off the money then there is no reason to come, because most of the dollars are pumped back home. Assimilation was never the goal in the first place

- x2. CB for president!
- Back to the tariff. As I mentioned, just A way. Many others. Who said the "wall" needed to brick and mortar anyway? Why not just use the law(s) we already have in place, just enforce them.
- JD, we pay for tariffs same as we pay for corporate taxes but a lot of folks think that the money is just picked off the trees.
- Sky, me too. As I see it I didn't have a lot of choice in who I voted for. I think Americans need to cool their heels a little and see what this jerk can do. He's already done more before taking office that the current jerk has done in 8 years in office. For me personally, I haven't had to make a choice like this since Goldwater ran and that time I voted Dumocrat.

kickinbull":18xr0niv said:
Caustic Burno":18xr0niv said:
You stop the wire transfers south will have a major impact on their economy.
We currently are Mexicos welfare system along stop anchor baby payment across the border.
Anchor babies cost 2 billion a year
Guy I know lived in texas for a while said that money transfers to mexico was the 2nd largest form in income.

Well if a guy said it It must be true. :D. ...I agree with you but second largest form of income I would consider to be a gross exaggeration.

kickinbull":18xr0niv said:
Maybe the wall is not physical. It could be financial or mental. If the tariffs are too high then business wont go there? If money is taxed or delayed or can't be sent back to mexico it would stop?

It's all of those but must be physical as well. As we impose tariffs (which we need to do) and our companies continue to come home. Out of work Mexicans will follow in droves. The drugs coming in and the money leaving will not be affected by taxes and tariffs.
Mexico is like the neighbor that borrows your tractor and brings it back with no gas and two flat tires. They use and take and contribute nothing. I'm for cutting them off in every way possible. We will be just fine without them.

callmefence":gid927gy said:
The wall will be effective. We build walls around our families , our prisons our money you name it. Yes Mexicans will tunnel . but just like a good fence won't keep varmits out it will show you were their coming in.
The biggest problems we have with Mexico are illegal activities. Immigration, drugs, human trafficing. These won't be stifled by any tariff or tax. They will have to be stopped physically.

To quote the birder. We already have the materials, thanks to 63,000,000 liberals shytin bricks since Nov. 8

Was referring to the COST of building a wall, who was paying for it. I agree that the real problem is illegal activities and infiltration of terrorists. Drugs? Easy for me to respond to that one because I don't use them. You see, if you cut off the demand for drugs the source will go away. For that reason I think the drug issue is more our problem than Mexico's.

lavacarancher":3arz1vpn said:
callmefence":3arz1vpn said:
The wall will be effective. We build walls around our families , our prisons our money you name it. Yes Mexicans will tunnel . but just like a good fence won't keep varmits out it will show you were their coming in.
The biggest problems we have with Mexico are illegal activities. Immigration, drugs, human trafficing. These won't be stifled by any tariff or tax. They will have to be stopped physically.

To quote the birder. We already have the materials, thanks to 63,000,000 liberals shytin bricks since Nov. 8

Was referring to the COST of building a wall, who was paying for it. I agree that the real problem is illegal activities and infiltration of terrorists. Drugs? Easy for me to respond to that one because I don't use them. You see, if you cut off the demand for drugs the source will go away. For that reason I think the drug issue is more our problem than Mexico's.

The same could be said for using cheap Mexican labor. All we gotta do is stop using them , easy as that. How many people bellar about the mescuns than hire them to do their labor. And I know someone will jump up and say you can't find Americans to do it. But you can if you try. And As the pay for labor gets to were it should be, and the pay for many professional occupations that can be done by a computer come down to a reasonable level. Maybe things will get back to right.?

lavacarancher":nzmnc846 said:
Caustic Burno":nzmnc846 said:
wacocowboy":nzmnc846 said:
A wall won't do any good they will tunnel under it and climb over it faster than they can build the dang thing. Put troops down there and anyone crossing will be considered an invading army.

You have to cut off the money then there is no reason to come, because most of the dollars are pumped back home. Assimilation was never the goal in the first place

- x2. CB for president!
- Back to the tariff. As I mentioned, just A way. Many others. Who said the "wall" needed to brick and mortar anyway? Why not just use the law(s) we already have in place, just enforce them.
- JD, we pay for tariffs same as we pay for corporate taxes but a lot of folks think that the money is just picked off the trees.
- Sky, me too. As I see it I didn't have a lot of choice in who I voted for. I think Americans need to cool their heels a little and see what this jerk can do. He's already done more before taking office that the current jerk has done in 8 years in office. For me personally, I haven't had to make a choice like this since Goldwater ran and that time I voted Dumocrat.

I always loved that one tax the corporations. Corporations don't pay taxes they collect them from us in increased consumer cost. Raise corporations tax and watch everything from a setting of eggs to toilet paper go up at WalMart.

I don't get it. China has stolen our entire middle class and our media runs around obsessed with Mexico, Russia, and robots.

A robot could never do what I do. But China sure as hell subsidized the paychecks of people in my line of work. Heck, China can sell you church new windows directly over the internet. You and I cannot sell anything to China on the internet. China steals our books, our movies, our technology, our jobs, but we are all supposed to pull our hair out because an unqualified hire at the DNC doesn't understand email.

Guess what folks? Mexico is a nice place. Everyone from Texas and Louisiana go their for cheap vacations.

The puppet masters win again.

JWBrahman":2a8fciju said:
I don't get it. China has stolen our entire middle class and our media runs around obsessed with Mexico, Russia, and robots.

A robot could never do what I do. But China sure as be nice subsidized the paychecks of people in my line of work. Heck, China can sell you church new windows directly over the internet. You and I cannot sell anything to China on the internet. China steals our books, our movies, our technology, our jobs, but we are all supposed to pull our hair out because an unqualified hire at the DNC doesn't understand email.

Guess what folks? Mexico is a nice place. Everyone from Texas and Louisiana go their for cheap vacations.

The puppet masters win again.

Trust me my families Hispanic ties in Texas are centuries old Mexico is a huge problem. Very rich country in natural resources that has a virtual caste system . I don't blame the Mexican for trying to improve his life but the corrupt government that makes it almost impossible except through the drug trade or migrant workers.

Caustic Burno":2315j7ja said:
No Rest Farm":2315j7ja said:
Every time I hear tariff talk I really cring. Tariffs could really hurt the farming community. We export high quality goods and import junk, anything that depresses this will hurt our bottom line.
Tariff or subsidies is all the same the playing field is not level by any means pick the commodity some country is manipulating the price.
You are correct CB. As an example, a Harley's Touring Ultra Classic Electra Glide starts at 340,000 yuan ($53,000) more than twice what it cost in the USA.

Fence you are correct. I seriously doubt the hundreds of thousands of Asian Indians that Bobby Jindal snuck in here for childbirth tourism go to Mexico to vacation.

We need a lawful, secure border not just with Mexico but with countries that steal our white collar, middle class jobs, too. I never see a Asian working minimum wage in Agriculture but go to a University and that is all you see.

Caustic Burno":pzf55iep said:
lavacarancher":pzf55iep said:
Caustic Burno":pzf55iep said:

- x2. CB for president!

I always loved that one tax the corporations. Corporations don't pay taxes they collect them from us in increased consumer cost. Raise corporations tax and watch everything from a setting of eggs to toilet paper go up at WalMart.

All corporations should be structured like LLP and REIT they should pass 90% of profit along to the stock owners instead of bonus for the top dogs. LLP,s and REIT, are structured to pass on 90% of their earning to keep from being taxed. Then the stock holders pays taxes on their investment income.

Anyone who doesn't think we need a wall ought to go talk to some rural folks who live along the border. Who go to bed at night knowing that there's a parade of criminals climbing fences and crossing pasture. If it was happening in their areas, you can bet your ass they would be worried about more than tariffs and taxes.

callmefence":4wcr18qw said:
Anyone who doesn't think we need a wall ought to go talk to some rural folks who live along the border. Who go to bed at night knowing that there's a parade of criminals climbing fences and crossing pasture. If it was happening in their areas, you can bet your be nice they would be worried about more than tariffs and taxes.
This border problem is nothing new dating back to 1836 with troops sent in on multiple times up to date.
Mexicans have raided and pillaged many times in our history.

There is a company close by that builds communication towers for the military. These towers fold down onto a trailer making them self-contained for travel. The company is in a big expansion mode as they say Trump has contacted them and wants 'X number' of towers for placing on the border as part of his wall. These towers would contain surveillance equipment.

Chocolate Cow":42td1o0y said:
There is a company close by that builds communication towers for the military. These towers fold down onto a trailer making them self-contained for travel. The company is in a big expansion mode as they say Trump has contacted them and wants 'X number' of towers for placing on the border as part of his wall. These towers would contain surveillance equipment.

Hope it works, it's a tough situation. Have alot of Mexicans and others up here that work in the poultry and dairy industries and all of a sudden, they are gone and there are new ones....

Caustic Burno":2wwsjqt1 said:
callmefence":2wwsjqt1 said:
Anyone who doesn't think we need a wall ought to go talk to some rural folks who live along the border. Who go to bed at night knowing that there's a parade of criminals climbing fences and crossing pasture. If it was happening in their areas, you can bet your be nice they would be worried about more than tariffs and taxes.
This border problem is nothing new dating back to 1836 with troops sent in on multiple times up to date.
They had every right to. It was part of Mexico after they gained independence from Spain for 15 years.

Don't know that a wall, fence or anything else will ever be built but border security certainly needs to be increased tremendously to stop illegals from many countries from crossing.

As for vacations, it's a wonderful place visit. Been there a couple dozen times over the years to different places, both resorts and places in the country. Always treated great. Use to be dirt cheap but price has gone up the last 20 years quite a bit. Still a bargain. Just don't mess up while you're there.

farmerjan":1tidy45r said:
Chocolate Cow":1tidy45r said:

Hope it works, it's a tough situation. Have a lot of Mexicans and others up here that work in the poultry and dairy industries and all of a sudden, they are gone and there are new ones....
Use to have 10 on our dairy. Hard workers. Don't know if they were legal or not but all had SS cards and signed and I-9, paid SS and FICA. Most of the dairies have now closed but construction business is booming and most of them employ a lot of mexican men. They don't have to send money to Mexico anymore. Most have the entire family up here now.

TexasBred":1jzkaloq said:
Caustic Burno":1jzkaloq said:
callmefence":1jzkaloq said:
They had every right to. It was part of Mexico after they gained independence from Spain for 15 years.

Don't know that a wall, fence or anything else will ever be built but border security certainly needs to be increased tremendously to stop illegals from many countries from crossing.

As for vacations, it's a wonderful place visit. Been there a couple dozen times over the years to different places, both resorts and places in the country. Always treated great. Use to be dirt cheap but price has gone up the last 20 years quite a bit. Still a bargain. Just don't mess up while you're there.
Not really their right to raid and pillage they lost just like the British lot of difference in the Mexican bandits and a Mexican army.
But then again Arizona erected a statute to the foreign invader Pancho Villa so I guess it gets down to ones interpretation of sovereignty.