This will be a blessed Christmas

Help Support CattleToday:

idylglade1

Reaction score
This will be the best Christmas ever! Our son was in a terrible accident on the way to deer hunting the begining of November. He and his girlfriend rolled our suburban and he was ejected 60 in the air and 40' out into a plowed field. His T11 andT12 were crushed twisted and pulled apart and moved paralell to his spine. He was within a fraction of a mm of being paralyzed. His spinal cord had a huge blood clot on it and the surgeons figure that is what kept it from severing. His T6 was fractured. He had a lacerated liver, torn bladder and internal bleeding in his lower intestines. He also had a chest/heart contusion. Not a cut, bruise on the outside of him. Girlfriend had some bruises and very sore. Her seat broke and shoved up to the glove box. Her roof was crushed down to the seat. She got out of the vehicle and called me to tell me what happened and said she couldn't find Cody. I hopped in the truck and drove to them. She found him out in the field in the dark, 5:00am. The state patrol said these kids should be in body bags. Now for the worst of it, her dad was killed in a roll over 4 days later! What are the chances. These 2 kids have a purpose here on this earth. There is a reason they are with us today. They are the strongest kids I know. They have deep faith and we thank the good lord everyday that they are here with us. What a blessed Christmas this will be!

Oh my, that story gives me goose bumps....
What a blessing for you and yours!
Merry Christmas from another Mn. :santa:

I am very glad your son is going to make it. My son was in a bad accident two years ago in which he was ejected through the driver's window after hitting a tree.

You never know how very precious family is until you almost lose a member.

Merry Christmas!

I agree! Somehow all that teenage/parent conflict/fighting seems so trivial! When we were at the hospital in the cities in ICU you felt so humbled to be so lucky. There were those that did not make it and your heart just broke in two for those families. It was so sad. Thanks for your words.

It's really a shame how we get wrapped up in our every day life and don't stop to think about how important another person is to us,wheither it be friend or relative. People in our life cannot be replaced. I cherish all my freinds and relatives. But like most people do I get wrapped up in what going on now and don't stop to think how important they are to me. Then when they're gone I get upset with myself for not having spent more time with them or at least calling them more often.

It would be a sad life to have to live without friends or family.
Idyglade 1 I'm so glad to hear your son and his girlfriend are going to make it and are still here with you.

Cal

your son an his girlfriend are truelly blessed an watched over.an you all got the greatest christmas gift.an thats that they both are all right.

So glad your son and his girlfriend are on the mend and what a lovely Christmas treat for you. Life is precious and as you say when it is nearly taken you realize how much. My Husband was nearly killed in the 2004 Asian Tsunami we now know how life is a gift, and thankfully the party of 32 that were with us all got out safe. You and your Family have a great Christmas and Good New Year..... :heart: Chris.

Dear Lord...and I mean that...our dear Lord sent his angels to your loved ones. I'm with Bigbull...the greatest Christmas gift...their lives.

This is a truly wonderous and healing season...Merry Christmas to you all! :heart:

Alice

Oh my that just send shivers thru me. I truely believe god and his angels were there watching your son and his girlfriend. They both need to count their blessings,as we all do. For I believe it's a wake call.
We live in a world that we don't know from day to day. I tell those that I am close to how much I care about them. Even if I am mad at them. Just because...
God Bless you and yours

I'm sure you have been through the mill on this one. I'm glad everyone is alive. Its a reminder to us all how quickly something like this can happen and it could have happened to anyone. I'm sorry it happened to Cody. I'm sure he will take this and learn from it and will be a stronger person for it. You are in our prayers. God Bless All who have been affected.

Latest posts