This heifer is growing on me.......

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Here is a heifer that is really growing on me. I almost culled her as a yearling but decided to give her some more time because she had a good momma and I thought that her daddy was pretty good too. Anyway she looked decent at 15 months so I decided to go ahead and AI her with the other heifers to In Focus. She should calve in April. Shas really started to thicken and deepen in the last few months. I think she will make a great momma cow.

bwfheifer.jpg

bwfheifer3.jpg

bwhheifer2.jpg

She is one of the last heifers that I kept out of my last bull who was a RA King Rob son. Every heifer I kept out of that bull turned out to be a good momma and built right. Her momma is a good'un but pretty ugly and lacking in the butt department. The King Rob son sure helped out in fixing that. Her momma is also a good milker and a pretty easy keeper on just grass and hay. Her momma is actually pretty small and this heifer is already bigger than her.

Here is a pic of her momma right after this heifer was born....and right after she chased me out of the woods for getting too close to her baby. This past year she had a nice bull calf....I was hoping for another heifer.
PC250046.jpg

Thanks all. My only knock on her is that she is one of the smart ones. She knows when you want her to do something and she always makes you work for it. She is not flighty or nervous she is just a docile houdini and is good at figuring out how to avoid the corral gate. She's slick. Once she is in she is easy to work and does not fuss at all.

Latest posts