Think nice thoughts about my son tomorrow

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
#1 son is having surgery on his tibia tomorrow. Had a car wreck and got to ride in the helicopter! His leg is busted and the bone is twisted. The are going to put a plate in it and stick it in with pins. Car is a wreck, as is about 30 feet of barbwire fence and a tree. Face looks like hamburger. Could have been worse. I am glad to have him with us, and I will beat him as soon as he is healed for driving like a striped - a$$ed ape.

Those rural roads are killers sometimes.

Hope everything goes good. Sometimes we just hope these kids live long enough to grow up! Last week three local kids were killed goofing around in a car on a back road. All three would have graduated next month. Very sad.

Lammie,

I'll say a prayer for him tonight. Not trying to be corny either.

When I was 18 I got in a wreck driving a hot rod 1973 mustang. When I woke up in the hospital, the first thing I remember was my dad holding my hand. My mouth was severly damaged. Brings a new perspective to life.

Good luck!!!

Lammie,

You and your son will be in my prayers. You are very lucky. A friend of ours lost their 16 year old daughter last year. Everytime I go down the road I see the scarred tree and the cross where the wreck happened.

My boys are 19 & 21 and I still wait up until I see they are home safe and sound. As Gale says in a later post, I hate for the phone to ring while they are out.

For those of you who have kids who do not drive yet, count you blessings. When the kids drive, it is a different kind of worry.

Lammie, I will definitely remember your son, his doctors and your family during my morning quiet time and prayers tomorrow morning.

My son had a run in with a barbed wire fence and an oak tree about 18 months ago. Thank the Lord him and his friend fared better than the fence and the truck. All I can say is thank goodness for Hair Color in a bottle or I'd be all grey thanks to my kids!

Lammie----prayers for your son and for your entire family...going through a tough time like this makes one stop and re-analyze your priorities!!

i had only been a nurse for 2 years when we got in an ambulance run that would change my way of thinking...forever!! In the bus was a 15 year old local boy (in this small town, we all know each other!) who had received his drivers license only hours before...he was driving his 1984 ford down a narrow dirt road only 1/2 mile from my house when he lost control of the truck after hitting a pothole going about 45 mph!! His truck jumped the ditch, went through the barbed wire fence bordering our place and came to a sudden stop...his passenger wore a restraint, but the 15 year old driver did not...he was ejected out the window and his "flight" was stopped by a fence post!! Will never, ever forget the sounds of his 13 year old sister's scream when the family entered our hospital and got the sad news from the doc!! Since then, I pay alot more attention when I travel these rural, dirt roads!! I pray your son will do the same...he's been given a second chance, Lammie...pray he uses it well!! ;-)

Lammie, thoughts are with you and your family...what a nightmare this must be for you. Hope everything will go okay tomorrow! Tell your son that everybody here is pulling for him!

My son is 20 and any phone call after 10 PM scares me to death! Have always thought that the driving age should be raised to 18...just too many people on the roads these days and way too many distractions (CD players, phones, etc.). Half the people I see have one hand on the wheel and the other on a phone.

Thanks so much everyone. He did get thrown from the driver side window going about 60 mph not wearing a seatbelt. Amazing he's alive. Not his time yet, I guess. The night before I heard sirens going down the road and wondered if it was him. It wasn't that time, but it was the next day. Kids driving! The way most of us probably drove those country roads when we were 18 it is a wonder any of us are here!

Thanks again so much! :heart:

Hang in there Lammie.

Remind yourself that he was spared for a reason and you don't need to understand it.

God don't make mistakes so, theres a plan for you and your son.

Thoughts and prayers from Missouri are with you and yours.

Dub

Lammie I am glad to have him with us said:
Us the adults, very often we act like your son... not carefull with PTO tractor, machinery, and farm operation but it's not so evident that your son's accident. I would take his hand and forget the beating. Hope he recover fast. :heart:

Well, he stayed overnight. He had to have a bone graft and the doc said that his knee was basically destroyed. He'll have to deal with arthritis, pain and have to eventually have to have a knee replacement. He was in a lot of pain and I almost had to get "mamma" on them to get him some pain management. I found the doc and asked him why my son didn't have some sort of IV drip for pain, so they gave him a nice Morphine drip, which gave immediate relief. Also made him want to eat. He asked me for gummy worms and I told him that the nurses probably didn't want to clean up gummy vomit. He was resting when I left him last night.

I need to go by his school today and get his prom tickets. He's determined to go. It isn't for two more weeks so he should be up to it. Banquet is this Saturday and he wants to attend that, too. We'll see. I'm exhausted. Have to feed, get other son to school and then clean up and go.

Thanks everyone for your prayers.

Glad he came through fine. I bet your last nerve is frazzled...Hope he has a speedy recovery and makes it to the prom, if he needs a date, PM me, I got some girls down thata way.

Pain will always remind him to be careful but thank GOD he is going to be okay. May God Bless and keep you for the next few months recovery is a long time in the works. Remind him he is a great weather gauge make him laugh he will need to. We will keep him in our prayers. Tell him don't rush it, he'll get there.

You have our prayers for days to come.

I'm glad your son is ok. It seems every year about the end of the school year, there will be several kids killed in car wrecks around here. It's so sad for the families, and such a loss for the community.

Thanks everyone. He's doing much better. We will get the bandages off tomorrow.

Lammie":2n1mcay5 said:
Thanks everyone. He's doing much better. We will get the bandages off tomorrow.

Lammie it truly won't be "over" for quite some time. Wait until he's good and healed before you kick his be nice. I hear the grandkids are much better and you get to laugh at these episodes.

Latest posts