old fashioned oil cans
old metal jhn deere signs
old gas station stuff
ford model A tools
old fishin stuff
old kerosene lanterns from the rr

Misery Whips
Seed cleaner...hand cranked
Cream seperator...hand cranked, with the ball bearing in the handle so your dad knew when you were not cranking as fast as you were supposed to.

Unfortunately it seems like responsibility, good judgment and common sense are 3 more things that have fallen by the wayside

A Slip.
Looks like a wheelbarrow with out wheels has a trip lever in the back., we used them with a team to move dirt in the riverbottomm making temporary dams. Last time I used one was 1963. Both horses had the heaves and almost killed me before it was over. Course I was 13 and weighed 121lbs.

Horn weights, almost nobody uses them anymore
Buck Rake
Wash tubs for baths
Canvas Water Bags
Stock Racks on Pickups
Gas pumps with Glass tanks on top

3waycross":3b3y5jnn said:
A Slip.
Looks like a wheelbarrow with out wheels has a trip lever in the back., we used them with a team to move dirt in the riverbottomm making temporary dams. Last time I used one was 1963. Both horses had the heaves and almost killed me before it was over. Course I was 13 and weighed 121lbs.

I know that as a fresno. Have a cousin who used one with a team of percherons to do some work on a pond for us a few years ago. What a pleasure to watch those horses work.

Still a few stock racks around here.

Susie David":g99rknv3 said:
I still use mine...wears the shoulder out pretty quick.

Never used one but have seen them used some. You have my admiration if you can run one. Do you have mules?

In addition to the burdizzos, corn sheller, crosscut saws and various horse-drawn implements scattered about, I'll add well bucket, the ox yoke my great grandpa carved and the underground carbide tank used to provide gas to the farmhouse.

milesvb":2niqidbh said:
In addition to the burdizzos, corn sheller, crosscut saws and various horse-drawn implements scattered about, I'll add well bucket, the ox yoke my great grandpa carved and the underground carbide tank used to provide gas to the farmhouse.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but can you still buy carbide anywhere.

Cal

Latest posts