Things I absolutely hate.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Bringing up a good point, why does everyone want a tested home black bull whether it's Simmental, Limousin, even Black Hereford but nobody asks for a test on an Angus.
Because you dont get anything but pure genetics with Angus and everybody knows they will put black hide on a snowball, you never get odd colors or markings either. LOL!

I guess the are "pay at the pump". Nothing mentioned about getting a receipt at the pump. 😒
They're a pain to keep working on some of the printers. All it takes is someone being impatient and ripping the receipt out to quick or hard and the printer will drop the paper.

I know one station that I'm sure they haven't spent a dime on paper for the pumps in years.

Losing a calf, like today. Had a cow have a calf early this morning, and it was dead. Not really sure why, but that is how it goes some days. Yet I hate it when you lose a weeks worth of wages.
I feel your pain. 4 year old cow had a stillborn, clearly dead on arrival, eyes were cloudy and grey when I opened them, only one side licked clean, never took a breath. Backwards? Mal positioned? Neospora? Another cow had twins. One dead, one slow but with a little help from me getting him latched one, should be good to go. Huge suck.

I feel your pain. 4 year old cow had a stillborn, clearly dead on arrival, eyes were cloudy and grey when I opened them, only one side licked clean, never took a breath. Backwards? Mal positioned? Neospora? Another cow had twins. One dead, one slow but with a little help from me getting him latched one, should be good to go. Huge suck.
Yes it sucks for sure. So far no twins yet, just getting started. I have had cows that had twins for the last couple years. Last year I should have pulled one of the twins off the cow; she did a good job of taking care of them, but they were a bit smaller. She also did not breed back, I think because they had her drawn down to much and she was not in condition to breed back.

Yes it sucks for sure. So far no twins yet, just getting started. I have had cows that had twins for the last couple years. Last year I should have pulled one of the twins off the cow; she did a good job of taking care of them, but they were a bit smaller. She also did not breed back, I think because they had her drawn down to much and she was not in condition to breed back.
Alot of times a cow that has twins will breed back a few weeks late anyway.
Takes longer for the inside parts to function correctly again.
I can't find the words.... but that's the gist of it

Posting stuff we hate? The politicisation of the military.
It has been politicized since at least Civil War times.
And let us not forget Elmo Zumwalt's Navy...
Before that, Sam Houston's appointment as head of 'all the armies in Texas' was a fiercely contested and debated political event, with then Republic of Texas President DavidBurnet hating Houston even after he won at San Jacinto.

It has been politicized since at least Civil War times.
And let us not forget Elmo Zumwalt's Navy...
Before that, Sam Houston's appointment as head of 'all the armies in Texas' was a fiercely contested and debated political event, with then Republic of Texas President DavidBurnet hating Houston even after he won at San Jacinto.
Right as you are, my father and grandfather's military didn't involve a lot of this... well you've got some on the ground outside.

my father and grandfather's military didn't involve a lot of this.
That, would likely depend on how old you are.
(no, I'm not asking your age.)
Dugout Douglas MacArthur didn't simply retire. He was for all intents and purposes fired after a strong disagreement with Harry Truman, and MacAuthur's own political influence and public leverage was significant and he used it, which is why he was fired.
LBJ and later, Nixon's Sec Def Laird tried to micromanage both the overall military and Vietnam War from inside the Whitehouse.

Last edited:
That, would likely depend on how old you are.
(no, I'm not asking your age.)
Dugout Douglas MacArthur didn't simply retire. He was for all intents and purposes fired after a strong disagreement with Harry Truman, and MacAuthur's own political influence and public leverage was significant and he used it, which is why he was fired.
LBJ and later, Nixon's Sec Def Laird tried to micromanage both the overall military and Vietnam War from inside the Whitehouse.
Pretty big difference between the officer class getting involved with national level politic and the entire force being subjected to political agendas and social experiments. I'll be straight with ya, if ya ain't dealt with it then ya ain't dealt with it. When I first joined, this was the best job I ever had and at that point one of the only things I liked doing that they'll give you money for other than working with critters and crops. Over the past 7 years, they've made changes to military policy to put feathers in political hats and now the military is having a huge problem keeping people like me and recruiting new ones. We're on track to lose 3k folks over one issue alone and while that's a drop in the bucket, most of those leaving are NCOs like myself with some time in and make up our draining experience well. After I leave in June, there will be only one person left in my current platoon that actually has real world experience in what our mission is.

Latest posts