Things I absolutely hate.....

Help Support CattleToday:

For me, not necessarily in this order:
  • When my wife and I are at someone's house visiting in the living room, and the TV is on, and they're talking. It drives me nuts. If we're going to talk please turn the TV off, and if we're going to watch TV then shut up so I can hear it.
  • Anyone other than girls under the age of 13 using lol.
  • I don't think I'm the grammar or spelling police, but I wish people would realize that there's a reason for punctuation and capitalization. If I see a post that just runs on and on in a "stream of consciousness", with no punctuation or capitalization, I stop reading and click on the little X to close the page without going any further or trying to help. (I haven't noticed that being much of a problem here, but I'm fairly active on a few other non-cattle related forums.)

Fords are built weak anyway. Drive with those over sized tires down a gravel road. Any gravel road, for any distance, and you will wish that you had a different brand of truck.

It's my guess, that some 'adults' are simply lazy, although it is also possible that a few really are that poorly educated.

I'm not sure it's either one. In at least some cases I believe they're so accustomed to communicating that way when messaging their friends it doesn't occur to them that it's not appropriate in all situations.

A few years ago I had an opening here for a student worker and one of the applications I got was filled out like that. I didn't bother calling him in for an interview. His cousin already worked across the hall (not for me), and asked why. I told him, and I assume he passed the information along to his cousin. I hope he took it as a learning experience, but who knows?

When I buy Hubby a new pair of jeans at Orscheln and they forget to take off the security tag. Clearly, the sensor doesn't work because nobody ran me down in the parking lot and I didn't realize it was still on until I got home (25 miles away).

When I buy Hubby a new pair of jeans at Orscheln and they forget to take off the security tag. Clearly, the sensor doesn't work because nobody ran me down in the parking lot and I didn't realize it was still on until I got home (25 miles away).

I've had them mail me some with sensor on them before 🤦🏽‍♀️🙇🏽‍♀️ talk about annoying. I heard you can freeze them than cut them off, I haven't been daring to ever try. I always just take them to some local store and ask nicely if they could remove them.

Another thing if you will start checking your receipts chances are you will find a mistake. Where they double rang up something, didn't give you the sale, or something.

For me, not necessarily in this order:
  • When my wife and I are at someone's house visiting in the living room, and the TV is on, and they're talking. It drives me nuts. If we're going to talk please turn the TV off, and if we're going to watch TV then shut up so I can hear it.
  • Anyone other than girls under the age of 13 using lol.
  • I don't think I'm the grammar or spelling police, but I wish people would realize that there's a reason for punctuation and capitalization. If I see a post that just runs on and on in a "stream of consciousness", with no punctuation or capitalization, I stop reading and click on the little X to close the page without going any further or trying to help. (I haven't noticed that being much of a problem here, but I'm fairly active on a few other non-cattle related forums.)

I agree. We hardly even turn our t.v. on. Our new renters didn't understand why don't watch t.v. why we didn't have cable or satellite. After they moved in they figure it out, living in the country isn't the same as town life.

The LOL annoys me, even though I caught myself doing it out of habit. Rarely if ever do people actually laugh out loud when it says lol. 🙄

I think you could leave the word "adults" out of the sentence and be more accurate!
I expect such things from young ones and generally ignore them and their childishness but not from adults.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1 Corinthians 13:11

I expect such things from young ones and generally ignore them and their childishness but not from adults.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1 Corinthians 13:11

I always say that about young school shooters, people look at me like I'm nuts. By no means am I making excuses for a 14 or 15 year old school shooter. I say a 14 year old thinks like a 14 year old, most don't see past today. They don't see consequences for their actions the full ripple affect. I don't believe these young people should be tried as adults nor since to prison for life or what have you. I do believe they definitely did wrong. They shouldn't be gave a slap on the hand either. Most need mental health care....

Sounds like a lot of people are easily annoyed.

Yes, Chaded we are. 😝

I believe that's why most of us have farms and no close neighbors. Speaking for myself, I know we don't have enough land. They aren't making anymore so better buy more price will only keep going up. I could be wrong but oh I could be right.

I can't stand lairs.
When people tell me something, I don't know what happens, somewhere between that day and the next time they tell me their stories changes. Guess they think I'm stupid dumb and forget. What I like is when people try to tell me they text me something. Okay hold on let me check.... nope. 🙄 why lie.
I tell the truth all the time I'm blunt and it may hurt some people's feels. I'm not going to make up some sugar coated bullshit stories and lie.

@Chevy .... "lairs" is a place where a wild animal lives, like a cave or something... or I think it is also a burial ground.... I think you meant LIARS....

Haha yea I don't mind lairs, they are interesting to me. I switched my letters I'm a little dyslexic. Thank you.

Seeing guys, especially older guys, in shorts and sandals in public just twists something in my stomach. It's just something I didn't see growing up, and I've never gotten accustomed to it. And yes, I spare people from having to see me wearing them.

Seeing guys, especially older guys, in shorts and sandals in public just twists something in my stomach. It's just something I didn't see growing up, and I've never gotten accustomed to it. And yes, I spare people from having to see me wearing them.
Nothing is worse than crusty toes!hahaha

Oh 🤬🤮 Where the 🤮 On here! I like men with crusty nasty toes and feet in thong sandals, belly shirts, short shorts, mullets, tattoos, cigarettes, driving Fords with off set wheels & tires. 🤣😜

I lied!! That's all big lies!!!

I have man, I don't have time for another. 🤣🤷🏽‍♀️ If anything happens to him I'm not training another one. 😝

Latest posts