Things I absolutely hate.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Controlled burns here. They will issue a burn ban if it's really windy, but all it takes is a phone call to the Sheriff's Office.

Probably 10 years ago we called in for a controlled burn. Nobody expected a giant rat to catch on fire and run onto the neighbors property. Hello, 911? Awkward!

@callmefence probably takes a female to see... the towel is folded correctly in thirds, so the monogram shows... but that is the back side of the towel... see the difference in the color? And the Monogram is backwards....
I don't know what kinda towels we have but they clean ,fold and hang themselves...I'll ask my wife..

I don't know what kinda towels we have but they clean ,fold and hang themselves...I'll ask my wife..
Yeah, I am mostly a clean, hanging where I can get to it....that's all that matters.... and NOT WHITE in my house.....the monogram is the letter that is embroidered on the towel.. I got a set when I got married....

@callmefence probably takes a female to see... the towel is folded correctly in thirds, so the monogram shows... but that is the back side of the towel... see the difference in the color? And the Monogram is backwards....
Hubby refers to me as the anal poster child. I think he means that in the nicest possible way;)

People who dont reply to calls or texts then when you finally get a hold of them way later they say... sorry I was busy.

They act like those of us who take the time to respond to people have never been busy before. We are not stupid... responding to people is a measure of character... not how busy you are.

Trying to resolve any issue that requires a phone call and the person has a name that doesn't fit their verbal skills. Their dialect is difficult to understand and for me, difficult to hear. Then when disconnected when they try to transfer the call to a person specifically for that problem, get to start over!!!! And the company calls that customer service.

Trying to resolve any issue that requires a phone call and the person has a name that doesn't fit their verbal skills. Their dialect is difficult to understand and for me, difficult to hear. Then when disconnected when they try to transfer the call to a person specifically for that problem, get to start over!!!! And the company calls that customer service.

"Your call is important to us." Bullshit.

You know they purposefully under staff the call centers to save money. ISPs are the worst, bunch of scumbags.

People who dont reply to calls or texts then when you finally get a hold of them way later they say... sorry I was busy.

They act like those of us who take the time to respond to people have never been busy before. We are not stupid... responding to people is a measure of character... not how busy you are.
You may be talking about business situations. If i tell someone I'm going to call them, I will, but I dislike when people think everybody should be available 24/7 due to texting and cell phones. Personally, if I'm knee deep in a task, I don't always answer my phone, but I realize some would answer their phone regardless of what they're doing. That's like saying a phone call is the most important thing you do. I'm old enough to remember the days when you weren't on your phone while on the tractor, shoveling manure, or fencing.

I liked what my boss said once: "It's my phone; I'll answer or not answer it as I please."

You may be talking about business situations. If i tell someone I'm going to call them, I will, but I dislike when people think everybody should be available 24/7 due to texting and cell phones. Personally, if I'm knee deep in a task, I don't always answer my phone, but I realize some would answer their phone regardless of what they're doing. That's like saying a phone call is the most important thing you do. I'm old enough to remember the days when you weren't on your phone while on the tractor, shoveling manure, or fencing.

I liked what my boss said once: "It's my phone; I'll answer or not answer it as I please."
That's not what I'm talking about. I use to literally burn phones up in a year at my previous job. Had calls that ranged from my mom or son to the vp of the company to a random sales person. Each got managed accordingly.

There is nothing wrong with time away from your phone. If I didnt want people to call me at certain times or at all I told them so. If I was with my family and didnt want to take a call I told them so when I got back to them.

People know if they try to contact me they may not get me right in that moment but I will get back to them. No one has to hunt me down.

That's not what I'm talking about. I use to literally burn phones up in a year at my previous job. Had calls that ranged from my mom or son to the vp of the company to a random sales person. Each got managed accordingly.

There is nothing wrong with time away from your phone. If I didnt want people to call me at certain times or at all I told them so. If I was with my family and didnt want to take a call I told them so when I got back to them.

People know if they try to contact me they may not get me right in that moment but I will get back to them. No one has to hunt me down.
I guess you have a lot of important business calls, but I don't. I don't feel like I even need an explanation that I didn't answer a call. If I return a call, I'll just say something like, "I saw where you called." I don't inform people that I'm not taking calls, I just don't answer.

I think cell phones are great, but I find that I don't have much more use for a phone than I did when a landline was the only option.

I guess you have a lot of important business calls, but I don't. I don't feel like I even need an explanation that I didn't answer a call. If I return a call, I'll just say something like, "I saw where you called." I don't inform people that I'm not taking calls, I just don't answer.

I think cell phones are great, but I find that I don't have much more use for a phone than I did when a landline was the only option.
I'm fortunate to receive several business calls a day. Since I still work in the field ( I found I go crazy if I don't) I can't answer them all. In fact it may be the following day. Only one I answer no matter what is my son/partner. If he calls me during the day we got a problem.
Texting is great for a conversation you need documentation on. It's not unusual for me to tell someone to text me their address and appointment time we agreed on. It's also not unusual for me to say " I'm sorry I forgot". People can tell when you lie so I just tell them exactly why they didn't get called back. Most are fine with that and the ones that aren't. .... probably don't want to get into a deal with them anyway.

It's not that I have to say that... I do it as a courtesy.

No one likes to be on their phone that much but for some people it's a necessary evil. People know when your being honest and sincere. It goes a long way in developing or maintaining relationships. If your honest they understand if they are worth fooling with.

It's just the "I got busy" is a red flag because it usually goes along with you having to track them down and an attitude that they didnt want to talk or do it.

Like Fence is saying. At one point I sat down every morning and evening with a yellow pad and returned calls, and texts to people. Some time it didnt worked out and got pushed to the next day. Even if I handed them off to some one else I text them and told them so and so would be contacting them.

Latest posts