They can't give it away

Help Support CattleToday:

Too many kids are like that, mainly because their mothers don't cook. IMO
My mother was a great cook. She made everything from scratch. She canned fruits and berries, kept a huge garden. I guess we were spoiled, but of course we didn't know it at the time. I would have killed for a Pop-Tart, store bought bread, pizza-pop, etc. I guess in our case it was because it was "exotic" and different. I suppose that's a different reason than most kids today, but the desire was the same lol

Too many kids are like that, mainly because their mothers don't cook. IMO
I wasn't forced to eat anything. But eating it was the only option. Eat this or go hungry until the next meal. I have a friend who says the difference between what people won't eat and will eat is generally about 24 hours.

The old farmer was feeling a bit run down, so he went to visit his doctor. Of course the doctor said, "You're getting old, slow down and try to eat right. Go see this nutritionist, she gives a talk twice a week."

So the farmer shows up for the talk and finds himself in a room with exercise junkies, hipsters and expectant mothers, so he takes a seat in the back. During the talk the nutritionist asks "what is one food you should avoid at all costs?". A hand goes up in the back. "Yes?" she asks. The old farmer replies "wedding cake."

The world was intended to have GRAZING/FORAGING ANIMALS on it... the soil doesn't function fully without them. Much of the world is intended to be covered with perennial vegetation. Only way that works is to have a significant portion of our productive land base with those grazing/foraging animals ON THE LAND. Now, if we get rid of the animals, and instead, we "convert" those grazing lands into soybean fields (or whatever other cultivated species you might choose instead... as we've done with far too much of what used to be pastured lands), that inevitably will mean alot MORE bare, tilled soil being exposed to the elements and eroding into our oceans, lakes, rivers, and streams, and alot more synthetic fertilizers, and chemical controls contaminating our water supplies, INCLUDING our ground water. And it's going to mean an acceleration of our already worsening environmental impacts.

No, we NEED animals on the land............... we need MORE animals on the land..................... and we need LESS cultivated row crops. What cultivated crops we do grow we need to transition to more regenerative practices, and livestock on the land is a big part of that. A cow is literally grass/forages converted into concentrated, highly nutritionally dense protein for humans to consume while maintaining a healthier and much more BALANCED, self-regulating, self-organizing, and self-healing ecosystem.

Last edited: