They can't give it away

Help Support CattleToday:

there are vegan protein products out there, but really you would be better off eating real food, even vegetarian can get full protien from combining stuff. do you do dairy and or eggs? even easier.

here are some good articles from an org that coaches health and nutrition (just ignore the ads)

Oooowwwwweeeee.... no eggs. Unless its hidden in something really good. Oh gross. Barf!!! Why would I want to eat a chicken period.....undeveloped baby chicken.... naw that's really sick. Nothing about that seems right, but enjoy.

www.kachava.com

That is what I drink. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I had an uncle that his Rheumatoid Arthritis was so bad he could not turn the ignition in his truck. The doctor wanted to put him on a drug that had the side effect of making him go blind. He looked for an alternative, and went on a vegetarian diet. He did a beat and carrot juice fast for two weeks first the cleans his system. It was not long before he was riding his horses without pain. He later started putting in a little fish into his diet. It made a big difference for him.

I had an uncle that his Rheumatoid Arthritis was so bad he could not turn the ignition in his truck. The doctor wanted to put him on a drug that had the side effect of making him go blind. He looked for an alternative, and went on a vegetarian diet. He did a beat and carrot juice fast for two weeks first the cleans his system. It was not long before he was riding his horses without pain. He later started putting in a little fish into his diet. It made a big difference for him.
Research and education is key. What works for you or the next may not work for somebody else. Like I said before listen to what your body tells you.
@Chevy now I understand why you are the way you are!!

I've ate that but don't eat that. There a local guy here that makes really good homemade veggies burgers, not way I'd eat that. Over his homemade veggies burgers.

Beyond Meat (BYND) - Get Beyond Meat, Inc. Report shares lurched higher Thursday after McDonald's (MCD) - Get McDonald's Corporation Report said it would expand the test market for its plant-based burger starting next month.

McDonald's said it would start offering the McPlant, a plant-based burger created in partnership with Beyond Meat, at around 600 test locations in U.S.-based restaurants, mostly in and around San Francisco and Dallas, beginning on February 14.

McDonald's began testing the McPlant in November, and analysts have said a broader expansion across its network of 13,500 domestic sites could boost Beyond Meat sales, particularly if it is accompanied by a marketing and advertising push from the world's biggest restaurant chain.

The McDonald's deal followed Beyond Meat's recent marketing pacts with PepsiCo (PEP) - Get PepsiCo, Inc. Report and YUM! Brands (YUM) - Get Yum! Brands, Inc. Report -- including a January 10 debut of 'Beyond Meat Fried Chicken' -- which the group hopes will accelerate revenues following a disappointing third quarter, as well as its ongoing distribution partnership with Walmart (WMT) - Get Walmart Inc. Report, the world's biggest retailer.

Beyond Meat shares were marked 2.5% higher in early Thursday trading to change hands at $64.30 each. McDonald's, meanwhile, gained 0.55% to trade at $256.64 each.

Beyond Meat said in mid-November that current quarter sales would likely come in between $85 million and $110 million, well shy of the Refinitiv consensus of $132 million, as restaurants and grocery stores pare back orders amid softer consumer demand.

Labor, transportation and logistics issues linked to COVID-19, as well as a severe storm in Pennsylvania, clipped third quarter profits, too, with Beyond Meat reporting a wider-than-expected loss of 87 cents per share on sales of $106.4 million.

Short interest in the stock remains elevated, as well, with recent data from S3 Partners showing bets against the group totaling $1.34 billion, or 38.9% of the stock's outstanding float.

I actually asked the question of some vegans and vegetarians I work with. They said it isn't the health issue that makes them seek meat and dairy alternatives, it's an animal welfare issue. This is where the mom and pop ranchers and local poultry producers are missing a huge marketing potential. Corporate farms and confinement production are seen as the evils, not the health evils of animal meat or high processing needs. I guess we need to address the issues on multiple fronts.
I agree, I believe many just see feedlots and chicken houses as evil and harmful to the environment whereas raising cattle and chickens on pasture seems to align more with nature. Some people just like to put a face with the person that cared for and raised their food for them. I do believe we as farmers, especially those of us who direct sell, have to reach out to those who oppose meat and show them how we do things and how much we care for our animals. I truly believe we will see direct farm sales of everything from meat to vegetables continue to grow in popularity. People want to know where their food comes from and how it was grown, not everyone, but most. I think this is a win win for everyone, farmers get to put more of the profit in their pocket, local economy gets boosted, mom and pops farms actually have a way to survive. I realize direct marketing isn't for everyone but if you are a producer and don't want to direct market, find someone who does to sell some of your livestock to when you get ready to market them. I think confinement farms will always have their place to mass produce affordable food, but I'm of the mindset of all the things I want to save money on, the food I fuel my body with is not one of them and many others are starting to develop the same mindset.

I agree, I believe many just see feedlots and chicken houses as evil and harmful to the environment whereas raising cattle and chickens on pasture seems to align more with nature. Some people just like to put a face with the person that cared for and raised their food for them. I do believe we as farmers, especially those of us who direct sell, have to reach out to those who oppose meat and show them how we do things and how much we care for our animals. I truly believe we will see direct farm sales of everything from meat to vegetables continue to grow in popularity. People want to know where their food comes from and how it was grown, not everyone, but most. I think this is a win win for everyone, farmers get to put more of the profit in their pocket, local economy gets boosted, mom and pops farms actually have a way to survive. I realize direct marketing isn't for everyone but if you are a producer and don't want to direct market, find someone who does to sell some of your livestock to when you get ready to market them. I think confinement farms will always have their place to mass produce affordable food, but I'm of the mindset of all the things I want to save money on, the food I fuel my body with is not one of them and many others are starting to develop the same mindset.
These vegans have a boat load of bad science (epidemiology) behind their anti-meat argument. When you shoot down those arguments one by one what you actually have left is the ethical case. They say killing for food is bad. The big problem with vegans is they can't just shut the hell up and go about their business. They have to demonize and animal that is largely responsible for the success of humanity.

Oooowwwwweeeee.... no eggs. Unless its hidden in something really good. Oh gross. Barf!!! Why would I want to eat a chicken period.....undeveloped baby chicken.... naw that's really sick. Nothing about that seems right, but enjoy.
You previously stated "Same with me meal makes me feel bad, it's not awe cute cow I'm not going to eat you. Or cute chicken."

Im confused🤪🤪🤪

You previously stated "Same with me meal makes me feel bad, it's not awe cute cow I'm not going to eat you. Or cute chicken."

Im confused🤪🤪🤪
I think she meant "meat makes me feel bad, it's not (a case of) "aww, cute cow, I'm not going to eat you, same with chickens".

IOW, she wants people to understand her digestive system and other metabolism can't handle meat.

Speak English - or is Chevy a foreigner? @greybeard you are a good translator!
But, what @branxchar&charx is referring to is she changed her story. Before she said it was because of the digestion problem. Now, she just said "Oooowwwwweeeee.... no eggs. Unless its hidden in something really good. Oh gross. Barf!!! Why would I want to eat a chicken period.....undeveloped baby chicken.... naw that's really sick. Nothing about that seems right, but enjoy.
She is confusing to say the least.

These vegans have a boat load of bad science (epidemiology) behind their anti-meat argument. When you shoot down those arguments one by one what you actually have left is the ethical case. They say killing for food is bad. The big problem with vegans is they can't just shut the hell up and go about their business. They have to demonize and animal that is largely responsible for the success of humanity.
What they can't seem to get through their heads is that at least as many creatures die to put a vegan meal on their plate as my steak dinner. Very likely more. Which makes them hypocritical, uneducated, or both.

What they can't seem to get through their heads is that at least as many creatures die to put a vegan meal on their plate as my steak dinner. Very likely more. Which makes them hypocritical, uneducated, or both.
Seems to me that if you have an animal that turns grass from marginal land into milk, meat and leather you would want more of them.

My ex wife could not eat anything she could identify. We went to the show at the Excalibur in Vegas when we were on our honey moon. Well unknown to us they served Cornish hen, she could not eat it because she could see what it was, had it been all chopped up she could have eaten it. To make matters worse they spilled this grog like drink on her; she was not a happy camper, oh, her hormones were out of whack because she was two weeks pregnant at the time.

My ex wife could not eat anything she could identify. We went to the show at the Excalibur in Vegas when we were on our honey moon. Well unknown to us they served Cornish hen, she could not eat it because she could see what it was, had it been all chopped up she could have eaten it. To make matters worse they spilled this grog like drink on her; she was not a happy camper, oh, her hormones were out of whack because she was two weeks pregnant at the time.
My 11 year old grandson doesn't want to eat anything but pizza rolls and chicken nuggets. If it's not processed garbage he doesn't want it.

Latest posts