There are times . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

Every day, Kathie, I mean every day, I feel just like that and I'm getting worse. Sometimes I'm mad at myself, cuz' friends or the kids will call and I'm so dam tired of talking on the phone, I'll just let it go. I don't have to act any way other than the one I want when talking to the cows and Snoop Dog. gs

Had this same conversation with my wife not long ago, and explained to her, when I was out on the property, the dog don't care and cows don't talk back, which is exactly opposite of the people who always seem to be wanting something from me.
(Wife ISN'T the problem--my siblings and her siblings--as well as my grown kids are)

I think you are far from alone in that.

I heard a while back that there are a couple types of relationships. Some that take from you/drain you and some that give to you- or build you up. You need both, but if you have too many of the first and not enough of the second, it wears on you.

Hope things brighten up a little for you Kathie.

I couldn't agree more!! That is one of the major reasons I stay on the farm 98% of the time...I go out for necessities only! Seems the more I talk to people the more I'm convinced stupid is contagious and spreading like wild fire!

My wife refers to me as a dam hermit. I like people well enough just in very small doses and seldom

I've toyed with the idea of squatting in Ted Kaczynski's shack and writing my own manifesto. I don't think he'll be needing it anytime soon and its a shame for it to go to waste.

My job "allows" me to meet some of the strangest, most block-headed, why-are-they-allowed-to-procreate? people -- as well as some very bright folks -- but most often, the former, 9 hours a day. I can get past the way-left political people that just plain annoy me; actually I get some joy out of baiting them. My immediate urge to talk mainly to animals (including the chickens) is an OCD/controlling sib making waves between the other sibs a month after mom's death, which is bringing out all my fangs and claws and WTF?? reflexes. Arghhhhhh.

I couldn't do your job. I'd tell someone what I really think within the first week and I'm an introvert in real life. :lol:
I like people and for the most part I want them to be happy... It's just that I want them to go do it somewhere else and not involve me in any of it.

cow pollinater":3iysqa0r said:
I couldn't do your job. I'd tell someone what I really think within the first week and I'm an introvert in real life. :lol:
I like people and for the most part I want them to be happy... It's just that I want them to go do it somewhere else and not involve me in any of it.
CP, I want people to be happy, but I don't want them to get me tangled up in their UNhappiness and angst, or ask me what they should do once they've F'd up their happiness (I tell those to call their lawyer -- can't help).

I'm in sales and get paid to talk and sale products. It took my wife several years to finally figure out why when I get home I dont want to talk anymore. I explained to her that God gave me 5000 words a day and had already used them up when I got home.

M5farm":jokknxpa said:
I'm in sales and get paid to talk and sale products. It took my wife several years to finally figure out why when I get home I dont want to talk anymore. I explained to her that God gave me 5000 words a day and had already used them up when I got home.
It was running the gunshop that turned me into a hermit

Kathie in Thorp":lr3qu3xs said:
. . . That I would much more rather converse with our dogs or the cattle than the people around me. No other comment than that. :(

I hear you girl as I just tolerate most people anyway.
Good dog is hard to beat for a friend.

M5farm":31wzd0b6 said:

I am a recluse and socially awkward(seriously, not saying that to sound cool) I don't like most people and most don't like me.
I am in outside sales and travel all over Sw Oklahoma and N. Texas making sales calls.
I don't understand how I ended up with this job but I guess the Lord has a plan ?

cross_7":10tfj0bl said:
M5farm":10tfj0bl said:

I am a recluse and socially awkward(seriously, not saying that to sound cool) I don't like most people and most don't like me.
I am in outside sales and travel all over Sw Oklahoma and N. Texas making sales calls.
I don't understand how I ended up with this job but I guess the Lord has a plan ?

LOLOL what the he[[ do you do just walk up to folks and say"hey ya wanna buy a .........and hope they say OK.

Seriously if yer not that comfortable with people yer in one heck of a tuff occupation.

If you don't mind me askin what do you sell?

3waycross":28lvpezc said:
cross_7":28lvpezc said:
M5farm":28lvpezc said:

LOLOL what the he[[ do you do just walk up to folks and say"hey ya wanna buy a .........and hope they say OK.

Seriously if yer not that comfortable with people yer in one heck of a tuff occupation.

If you don't mind me askin what do you sell?

I sell farm and ranch supplies
I went to work for one of the best men I have ever known when I was 18 yrs old working in the warehouse.
Over the years I was promoted to inside sales/counter parts.
We had an opening in an area where the previous salesman did a poor job taking care of our customers.
I was asked to do it and I told them I wasn't a salesman. They said they didn't want a salesman they wanted a customers service guy and to just do the job same as I had been doing for the last 15 years at the sales counter.
So that is what I do, I go in and try to provide a service. I don't go in trying to push product on them to put money in my pocket.
I want them to see me as an asset, a guy they can depend on when they have a problem or maybe needing to be more competive in a certain market or expand in other areas.
I never sell them anything but I try help them sell my products
It doesn't always work but thats what I do.

I sell farm and ranch supplies
I went to work for one of the best men I have ever known when I was 18 yrs old working in the warehouse.
Over the years I was promoted to inside sales/counter parts.
We had an opening in an area where the previous salesman did a poor job taking care of our customers.
I was asked to do it and I told them I wasn't a salesman. They said they didn't want a salesman they wanted a customers service guy and to just do the job same as I had been doing for the last 15 years at the sales counter.
So that is what I do, I go in and try to provide a service. I don't go in trying to push product on them to put money in my pocket.
I want them to see me as an asset, a guy they can depend on when they have a problem or maybe needing to be more competive in a certain market or expand in other areas.
I never sell them anything but I try help them sell my products
It doesn't always work but thats what I do.[/quote]

I have been in sales for 30 years. Take my word for it. Yer a salesman!

Latest posts