The Wives' Cars

Help Support CattleToday:

My truck is the farm/family/commuting/church/everything else vehicle. I would like to get a little something for commuting that gets better gas mileage but I can't afford another car/insurance payment.

Wifes car is a 2003 Trail Blazer, I drive a 92 ford 4x4, With the higher cost of gas I bought a Chev. Aveo. Its a ugly little sucker. I drive 60 miles per day to my day job. Truck gets 15 mpg, car gets 34. I reconed at $11,000 new it would pay for itself and keep the miles off of my truck. It a hatchback with the rear seats folded up I still can get a few supplies in there. Just don't try to cross a muddy pasture with it. It don't sit as bad as some of the other compacts, but it is ugly. Heck I don't care, expecially while passing the pumps.

Farm truck is a 1991 F-150 with ~200,000 miles on it, I don't like to talk about the gas milage on it.

Better half has a 2000 Taurus with ~90,000 miles on it, it gets about 28 MPG on the highway, which is where she keeps it most of the time.

I drive a 2001 Ranger back & forth to work, it has ~65,000 miles on it, 27 MPG on the highway.

;-)

i drive a 99 f350 4x4 diesel crew cab, long wheel base....its a bugger to park in the straight in parking spaces...so i park way out yonder in the parking lots.....but other than that and deisel being so high...i like it
dear husband drives a 2000 chevy 2500 4x4 crew cab it hads all his tool boxes on it.... wished we had something that got better gas milage....
but in may...daughter graduates college....son graduates high school.....so maybe more money in the till for something more gas friendly...

4runner for her..a 99...150k on it

2001 jetta fer me..145k on it

02 ram diesel ..hot rodded out....185k

gas is 2.80 here and diesel is 3.00

Wife's car is a 2000 Monte Carlo,Dale Arnhardt signiture series with all the bells and whistles.
Mine,a 2000 1/2 ton Z71 silverado with 277,000 miles on it and still going strong. Other than regular maintenance only had to replace the transfer case at 265,000 mi. Has a 5.3 V8.

Cal

my mom drives a 2000 rav 4 toyota with 95,000 on it.an that serves the farm going to get feed.we just rigged up my bros 2009 1500 chevy 4x4 to pull trailers if needed.

We just bought a new family ride. Its a 2000 model 4x4 Suburban with 203K. Our other one was worn out and needed replacing. :)

Bez":3nayiqos said:
My old girl drives a Dodge Ram 1500, quad cab, long box, 4X4.

At 5 foot 1 - it was funny to watch her hike up a skirt to climb in behind the wheel. Thats why I had to put running boards on it.

Even after 26 years she has mighty fine legs!

:lol:

Bez

Golly, Bez, a 26 YO ought to have pretty good legs! (you dirty old man) :lol:

Maybe he meant they have been married 26 years. Some of the best lookin ladies are in their 40 's and 50's. That is when i realized I was gettin old when The Golden Girls started lookin good

cowboy43":20vr4c6f said:
Maybe he meant they have been married 26 years. Some of the best lookin ladies are in their 40 's and 50's. That is when i realized I was gettin old when The Golden Girls started lookin good
It was a joke. That is why the smiley face at the end of the post was laughing....

2010 duramax- mine 40k miles

2008 tahoe- hers 50k

04 f250 super crew diesel with 210k on it(mine) and the wife drives an 02 F150 super crew gasser with 150k on it. Mines the work truck, and had the scratches and dents to prove it. A couple from cow heads butting it

Isomade":zhxsyr65 said:
cowboy43":zhxsyr65 said:
It was a joke. That is why the smiley face at the end of the post was laughing....

2010 duramax- mine 40k miles

2008 tahoe- hers 50k

Iso, your signature should be "I'm your Huckleberry"....loved that movie.

mine is an 02 dodge diesel cab and chassis with a flatbed and 112K on it, hers is a 02 ford 1/2 ton super crew gas rig,feed truck is a 98 chevy gas rig cab and chassis with a dew eze,and the one I let my mom drive is a 98 chevy 1/2ton ext cab
all are 4wd
wife has been looking for a duramax crew cab here lately every since Jed got his
going to Jed's over Thanksgiving she may just steal his on the way home :lol: :lol:

Let my wife drive my '94 Bronco this morning, kind of makes me nervous. Paid 600 bucks for it last year, I'm afraid that if I let her drive something that nice very often she'll be after me to get her one.

I drive a a 1997 Ford F250 diesel power stroke with 5 speed tranny :banana: the girlfriend rides a Harley.

Latest posts