The snow is gonna stop soon now

Help Support CattleToday:

Saltydawg

Reaction score
Well I held off as long as I could but I finally bought a new set of tire chains for my tractor so I can keep moving snow (piles are getting so big i couldn't push them anymore without more traction)

Now that I've got them it's garanteed to warm up and stop snowing :lol:

Angus/Brangus":trcm7z9l said:
You think you have it rough, I have to go buy some new t-shirts to wear since the long sleeves will be too hot now.
Should be a balmy 65 degrees tomorrow. Time to ice down some Bud Light for after the ranch work. Enjoy those chains! :)
I'm jealous, it's bout 17 here. maybe snow tonight. spose to be high 50snext week. YAY :) :) :) :) :)

Angus/Brangus":2qeckhnm said:
You think you have it rough, I have to go buy some new t-shirts to wear since the long sleeves will be too hot now.
Should be a balmy 65 degrees tomorrow. Time to ice down some Bud Light for after the ranch work. Enjoy those chains! :)

Thats just plain nasty!

Poor boy's Bud Light is gonna freeze. Have to get a beer warmer with those chains.

Send a dump truck and I'll send you back enough snow and ice to cool your beer for a year.

its 35 here right this minute! its supposed to be insanely cold tonight. ive had on two tshirts, one sweatshirt, and two warm suits all day. and gloves.

Beefy":1vlpj9i9 said:
its 35 here right this minute! its supposed to be insanely cold tonight. ive had on two tshirts, one sweatshirt, and two warm suits all day. and gloves.

Awww, poor baby...warm here, was about 4C this afternoon...T-shirt weather for the middle of winter, in my opinion!! :shock: :D

Salty, now don't you get excited. You know winters not over up here until July 1. Starts again Aug. 1. It rained all of last July. Put them chains on and leave them on. :lol: :lol: :lol:

IluvABbeef":222oix9z said:
Beefy":222oix9z said:

Awww, poor baby...warm here, was about 4C this afternoon...T-shirt weather for the middle of winter, in my opinion!! :shock: :D

i dont do celsius.

Beefy":1fz5jq61 said:
IluvABbeef":1fz5jq61 said:
Beefy":1fz5jq61 said:

i dont do celsius.
That is the equivelant to 39 fahrenheit.Thats a nice day in winter,i agree that is a t-shirt day :D .

Beefy":1p3pptb5 said:
I don't even wear that many clothes when it is minus 40 :roll: .

salty send angus all the snow you got!!! :lol: plus, i'll send him all of mine then he can have coooold beer all he wants ;-) :p

way to cold for me, been ready for summer since after christmas, like a white christmas, which we did not have. after that, it can waarm up. and i almost forgot, i'd like a warm truck. my defroster works, but not the heater. i'm tired of freezing my ## off!!! :( :shock:

It may be cold but I would take the cold over venomus snakes, aligators,and hurricanes.

auctionboy":3eqduvhl said:
It may be cold but I would take the cold over venomus snakes, aligators,and hurricanes.

theyre not that bad, its the miskeeters, ticks, and gnats that suck.

Angus/Brangus":34aozt92 said:
Beefy":34aozt92 said:
auctionboy":34aozt92 said:

Don't forget the humid heat and cow flies in the South!. I'll still take all that over a winter that's like being in the Artic and shoveling snow every winter day

you got that right!

Watertown, NY posted an all time record low temperature today....

-35 farenheit actual temperature.

I'll take my snow and single digit temperatures over that any day of the week.
You Texas boys go ahead and poke fun :lol: , I'll be thinking of you this summer when I'm in upper 70 degree weather heading for cover to get out of our weekly rain showers.

Horticattleman":f44tzael said:
Angus/Brangus":f44tzael said:
Beefy":f44tzael said:
auctionboy":f44tzael said:

Don't forget the humid heat and cow flies in the South!. I'll still take all that over a winter that's like being in the Artic and shoveling snow every winter day

you got that right!

In my next life I'll spend 2 mos. or so in Austrailia. Jan and Feb.
I hope I can always return to SE IN for Spring.
The return of the sun, the gradual warming of the earth, the joy of cattle on new green grass. Priceless. You slackers who have moderate temps year around miss a lot (although I do envy you when I can't feel my toes or fingers).

It is late Feb now, and we aren't going below freezing anytime soon. So the warm up is begun, but there will be setbacks.
Now is when we get big wet snows. The kind of snows which collapse weak buildings. Very tough on cattle and cattlemen.

If you guys have to buy ice for your beer--don't come to me for sympathy. :lol: I'm still buying gas for the chainsaw.

Latest posts