The Neighbour's Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana":3rnbk9dm said:
Can someone tell me how this
DSC03220.jpg

can go through (or over) a 4 wire barbed wire fence, and not leave any evidence that he did?? ;-) And also, how the neighbour that actually lives there does not know he is missing??

We went up to our pasture to check on the cows and make sure our bulls were behaving yesterday. Found all our boys where they belonged, 1 stretched wire (on a different pasture), and several new "bull holes". I think they were trying for China :shock: . And we also found this guy. Had he been in with the black cows and not the red cows we may even have overlooked him, but he kinda sticks out among the reds and he sure doesn't look like the hereford bull;-) :p .

Anyways, everyone looks pretty good up there, and the neighbour can find out for himself that his bull is missing (he's kind of a odd fellow) as it is easier than arguing with him over the phone about who's fault it is that his bull is out. And OUR bulls are behaving. They seem to remember the "shock" from the electric fence they were in at home.

He is actually not too bad a looking bull so at least if we get a few calves from him they should look pretty nice.
boy if we had yall's set up with community bulls there'd be dead cow's every where. are my neighbors would have to invest in some hip stretchers... but glad to see yall dont mind spending money on quality bulls ;-)

Cattle Rack Rancher":3dihkau0 said:
I think he might be related to the Black Simm-Angus bull I used to have. I think his motto was 'No Fence Too High...'. I had to get rid of most of the heifers I kept off him because they had the same problem. Maybe a bit of kangaroo back in the genetics somewhere.

:D :D :D :D

randiliana":18cdnwku said:
Cattle Rack Rancher":18cdnwku said:
I think he might be related to the Black Simm-Angus bull I used to have. I think his motto was 'No Fence Too High...'. I had to get rid of most of the heifers I kept off him because they had the same problem. Maybe a bit of kangaroo back in the genetics somewhere.

:D :D :D :D
My brothers had a brangus bull that would clear the fence every time there was a cow on the other side in heat. To make a long story short the neighbor finally caught the bull and took him to the sale barn. He did notify my brother. Also I might note that the neighbors cattle were very high dollar regesterd brahmans.

After they learn they can do it nothing seems to stop them.

brahman are as agile as deer. most can stand flat footed and clear five strands of barb. i was hauling off calves one fall. and had one moma crawl some round bales stacked two high and run the lenght of it hop of the end too get too her baby

We had an angus bull in his prime over 2000 # jump a 4 strand barb wire electric fence, cross the road and jump another 4 strand electric fence into a neighbors pasture. Bad bull, bad, bad, bad.
He did this twice in as many days. So signs of where he jumped. Needless to say he was sent home and penned up to learn a lesson.

milesvb":6xjbisgz said:
msscamp":6xjbisgz said:
rockridgecattle":6xjbisgz said:
Needless to say he was sent home and penned up to learn a lesson.

You've got to be kidding.

Ain't that called being grounded? I heard it works on some kids. ;-)

Valid point, miles. Do you suppose it worked on this particular kid? :lol: :lol:

I am serious. He was the husbands favorie bull. Nice calves, quiet,good feet, etc. He wasn't ready to part with him and we could not keep him (the bull) away from the grassers. He stayed on the farm for another 2 years and we never put him anywhere where he could do more damage. This way we were able to get some replacements of him. We had not done that yet.

My money's on him jumping flat-footed . Very impressive to see a ton of meat clear a fence; also, very, very aggrevating if it's your bull doing the jumping. If he's learned he can jump, they may as well give him a one way ticket to town asap; he'll go where ever, whenever he wants from now on.