The Natural Man

Help Support CattleToday:

I used to think those guys were crazy. I'm starting to feel more like them everyday.

Bigfoot":3lw9mbve said:
I used to think those guys were crazy. I'm starting to feel more like them everyday.
As a young man I rebelled against institutions as part of a maturing process. As we get old, we realize rebellion is rarely successful and in the course of human history, the price when punished can be dissuasive. So one just drifts away from institutions and loses interest because we learn the faith we placed in them was in vain.

The Judge was weak. I am not saying that the Natural Man was wrong, but she was scared of him and didn't know the law. She told him she would put him in jail for contempt of court, and she didn't. Judge Judy and Jeanine Pirro would have taken care of business. I am willing to bet that she was looking for a "man" judge to run over him.
The man did have a right to eat and feed himself. He was acting a bit goofy and needed a time out. A possible whipping. Spare the rod, spoil the child.

I didn't know that about the can and pole. Learn something new every day. But he was a bit rank in the court room. She had nothing on him that I could see.
A hungry man has a right to feed himself just as a wild animal has a right to feed itself. I am not sure what his circumstances are, but if he is homeless, then he has a right to feed himself.
I wonder if he draws social security or disability?
I wonder why Obama didn't give him a free phone?

Chuckie":ojwydxf9 said:
A hungry man has a right to feed himself just as a wild animal has a right to feed itself.

Good point. Those brown bear catching salmon aren't licensed. They don't seem to keep counts on daily limits either.

pdfangus":1nau222h said:
backhoeboogie":1nau222h said:
Fishing with a cane pole does not require a license.

no such distinction that I am aware of here....

I looked it up. Can't find it in the regulations now. Law may have changed. At one point here in Texas, you only had to have a license if you used a reeling device etc. It still says you don't have to have one for private waters.

backhoeboogie":3aafrjzx said:
pdfangus":3aafrjzx said:
backhoeboogie":3aafrjzx said:
Fishing with a cane pole does not require a license.

no such distinction that I am aware of here....

I looked it up. Can't find it in the regulations now. Law may have changed. At one point here in Texas, you only had to have a license if you used a reeling device etc. It still says you don't have to have one for private waters.
What I was always told too Boogie but can't quote you the law. Seems artificial bait might come into play as well.

TexasBred":w1b0sv5s said:
backhoeboogie":w1b0sv5s said:
What I was always told too Boogie but can't quote you the law. Seems artificial bait might come into play as well.

When I was a kid grandaddy would take me fishing every now and again. There were always people lined up on the banks with long cane poles and bobbers out in the water. They did not have to have a license. I specifically remember it but that was a long time ago. I remember reading it in the regulations years later but that was a long time ago too.

Heck, I didn't know noodling had been legalized in Texas until a few months ago.

Latest posts