The Judge

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Did I do okay? Bought Hubby a Taurus "The Judge" 45C revolver for Father's Day with a selection of Hornady Critical Defense shotshells, Federal Premium 410 Personal Defense shotshells and Winchester PDX1 410 Defender projectiles. He needed (wanted) something to carry in the tractor and a neighbor/friend that is a former military sniper recommended a Judge.

Anyone else have one? Likes, dislikes? Owner of the gun shop (also a neighbor) said he'd take it back if it didn't work out.

We have 3 around here now, they are an excellent choice for someone that's not a great pistol shot. Theses are really good rounds for snakes and self-defense in the house. http://www.winchester.com/products/new- ... 1-410.aspx
The normal loading we use is 3 of the Winchester defense loads and then 2 full power 000 buckshot. The 000 buckshot has 5 pellets and enough energy to shoot through a piece of 3/4 plywood at 20 yards.

Don't have one but would like to. Just because it seems like a pretty neat gun

True Grit Farms":pdd6ersj said:
We have 3 around here now, they are an excellent choice for someone that's not a great pistol shot. Theses are really good rounds for snakes and self-defense in the house. http://www.winchester.com/products/new- ... 1-410.aspx
The normal loading we use is 3 of the Winchester defense loads and then 2 full power 000 buckshot. The 000 buckshot has 5 pellets and enough energy to shoot through a piece of 3/4 plywood at 20 yards.
Bingo! He still has limited mobility/dexterity in his hands & not a lot of strength in his arms/hands from the surgery.

Some good reviews...........Agree with TGF better grips help....

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/versatile-taurus-judge/

TaurusJudge_1.jpg

TCRanch":1i0ma4ih said:
True Grit Farms":1i0ma4ih said:
Bingo! He still has limited mobility/dexterity in his hands & not a lot of strength in his arms/hands from the surgery.

I bought one for some strange reason.
I did not care for it at all.
Traded it off in a couple of months.
If I want a shotgun that's what I will carry. For a carry that is a liability nightmare for collateral damage.
Didn't pattern well with 6's for snakes an such. Might be alright with buckshot on the nightstand a street sweeper in 12 is cheaper and more effective.

:2cents:

Caustic Burno":3ntyppel said:
TCRanch":3ntyppel said:
True Grit Farms":3ntyppel said:

I bought one for some strange reason.
I did not care for it at all.
Traded it off in a couple of months.
If I want a shotgun that's what I will carry. For a carry that is a liability nightmare for collateral damage.
Didn't pattern well with 6's for snakes an such. Might be alright with buckshot on the nightstand a street sweeper in 12 is cheaper and more effective.

:2cents:

That's my same thought on them. Its a miserable amount of recoil also on the hand.

Interesting on the recoil. The one I bought has the shorter barrel and is supposed to have very little recoil - but that may be subjective, depending on who's firing it. I'd like to be able to use it and it doesn't take much to knock me over. :hide: Thanks for all the input! Guess I'll see if he likes it, can always trade.

Not a real fan myself , the size of the thing is my biggest issue , but I'm sure it'll be a well received gift, and kudos to your dealer , those are the kind I like to deal with .

The Judge definitely doesn't pattern very well with anything. Pretty much anything over 20 yards is out of range. But at 20' and less it really starts to shine. And at self - defense range which to me is 10' or less, no other pistol can deliver the stopping power of the Judge loaded with 000 buckshot. My wife loves hers and carries it everywhere, heck she might even be able to hit something now.

True Grit Farms":ndvdfs4n said:
The Judge definitely doesn't pattern very well with anything. Pretty much anything over 20 yards is out of range. But at 20' and less it really starts to shine. And at self - defense range which to me is 10' or less, no other pistol can deliver the stopping power of the Judge loaded with 000 buckshot. My wife loves hers and carries it everywhere, heck she might even be able to hit something now.

I always viewed it as an Alamo gun when the fort has been overrun, and all is lost.

Caustic Burno":388rv11a said:
True Grit Farms":388rv11a said:

I always viewed it as an Alamo gun when the fort has been overrun, and all is lost.

If Davy Crockett had 50 Judges in stock, we wouldn't need Trump to build us a wall. :lol2:

TCRanch":1cmafi8t said:
Did I do okay? Bought Hubby a Taurus "The Judge" 45C revolver for Father's Day with a selection of Hornady Critical Defense shotshells, Federal Premium 410 Personal Defense shotshells and Winchester PDX1 410 Defender projectiles. He needed (wanted) something to carry in the tractor and a neighbor/friend that is a former military sniper recommended a Judge.

Anyone else have one? Likes, dislikes? Owner of the gun shop (also a neighbor) said he'd take it back if it didn't work out.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=106307&p=1375745&hilit=judge#p1375745

I like it but isnt the most comfortable grip imo.. I agree with the patterning IMO its a close quarters gun only

skyhightree1":mfx9ejiu said:
TCRanch":mfx9ejiu said:

I like it but isnt the most comfortable grip imo.. I agree with the patterning IMO its a close quarters gun only
See how we think alike? Thanks for the input!

TCRanch":7mf8bq09 said:
skyhightree1":7mf8bq09 said:
TCRanch":7mf8bq09 said:

See how we think alike? Thanks for the input!

:cowboy: ;-)

TCRanch":1v3cqurt said:

I love mine. It fits in the breast pocket of my chest waders. When I am trot lining in waders and get into a cotton mouth, the 410 is a sure thing. Perfect. It is also SS so if it happens to get wet its not that big of a deal.

I did buy some defender rounds for the boss lady. If would not be high on my picks around the house for self defense, but it would absolutely work in an emergency. The defender rounds are pretty impressive. Don't know that I would ever use the 45.

You did great.

Latest posts