The Homing Duck

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
Last Tuesday we had this duck show up and was hanging out at the shop. I run a local FB group and lost animals are frequently posted so owners can reunite. My post went up Wednesday and the owners claimed him Thursday morning. When they came about 9a to catch him he flew on top of the house, then to the top of the shop. Next thing he flew completely off the property and they gave up and left. I figured that was that and went about my day. A little later around 1p the boy came in and announced the duck was back. He and his friend ended up catching him with a little food inside a dog crate and took him to the park with a lake at other end of town (around 5 miles as the duck flies). Anyway, the duck is back this morning. One of the damdest thing I've ever seen. And just my luck being a Muscovy and my least favorite kind.

Stocker Steve said:
slick4591 said:
Cotton pickin' thing almost flies like one.

I thought they could only fly a very short distance?

Maybe so, but if you had watched this one take off from the top of my shop you would wonder. Had to have made it 100 yards or more as it went behind the tree line across the road before we lost sight of it.

I am sure this is not the same duck but about 3 weeks ago we had one that looks just like that one come and stay in our church parking lot for about a week/week 1/2. Church is close to Prague Okla. kids would chase it and it would fly like a wild duck. Fly high and make a circle out of sight the way it flew I wondered if it was crossed with wild duck ?? been gone for a couple weeks now.

Latest posts