Thanks RUSTLER9 but I havn't asked yet!?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alice":36fuv8vy said:
lilmac":36fuv8vy said:
Thanks Running Arrow Bill,
Like I said the second pic was 6 weeks ago when I bought her, she has been eating ever since, the first pic was taken today.
If you don't mind, shoot me a guess on her age :?:
Thank you,
Mac

Easy to tell that this is her when she first came from the sale barn...yellow sticker on her rear is a dead giveaway. She really looks good now! Are ya' sure you want to eat her instead of finding how she might do as a mother cow?

Alice

If she is 19 mos. old and 458lbs . the best thing would be to eat her . You don't want that kind of cow in your herd.

Well, you don't know where she came from and how she was fed. That could have alot to do with her condition and size when you bought her. I don't think she's much over a year old, like I guessed before 12-14 months. I don't think she has Pinzgauer in her either, she'd be bigger and beefier built.

If she is 19 mos. old and 458lbs . the best thing would be to eat her . You don't want that kind of cow in your herd.[/quote said:
Thanks Woranch, like I stated, that was the weight when I got her, and she was starved down. I think that she is comming along right nice. I don't have scales, but I know that she has put on a lot of weight, and will put on some more before she meets her demise, and my delight. ;-)

I want to thank you guys for your input, it has ment more to me than you know,
Mac

I am not sighning off of this thread, keep em coming if you got em :D

warpaint":2x4pj5yl said:
I'll go out on a limb here, and say she's a LH X Jersey. 14 to 16 mos. old. (without a dna test, who knows?)

Still a good buy. ;-)

Warpaint,
speaking of LH X Jersey, I have another one that I bought the same day, but I will have to wate till my wife gets home tonight cause I don't know how to post a picture. I can barley post a message. :oops:

warpaint":2sptxfg1 said:
I can't give you any proof that's what she is, but something about her say's Jersey to me.

i had a originally thought the same thing, b/c of the color.... the thing that deterred me from that is that she has more thickness than i would expect from that cross.

Ryan

warpaint":149pcniu said:
I can't give you any proof that's what she is, but something about her say's Jersey to me.

It's the face and nose markings that look like Jersey and the skunk stripe is the LH

dun

I don't see Jersey in her. The mealy mouth is coming from the Longhorn. I think she's straight Longhorn or possibly a Longhorn/Corriente cross. I know a guy who has some LH/Corriente cross cows that look about like her. They don't have as much horn. He bred a Limo bull on them and got pretty nice calves. Those little cows can raise a good, growthy calf.

Latest posts