Thanks RUSTLER9 but I havn't asked yet!?

Help Support CattleToday:

lilmac

Reaction score
I think that you answerd my question.
I got this lil sister at auction the other day. I was going to post her to see what you thought, along with RMC, WARPAINT, RUNNING ARROW BILL, and some of the other longhorn breeders. All I know is she looks like LHXsomething. It does not really mater all that much cuz she is freezer bound, but I do value ya'lls opinion. :lol:
She sure does look like the longhornXbeefmaster that you posted on BOONE'S "longhorn cross cows" post on the other thread, but the thread started going in another direction, so I thought that I would start another one.
Wadayathink, :?: :?: :?:
Mac
P1010005c.JPG

looks like a nice a heifer. I like her, and hope she tastes good. as for what she is crossed with?? could be beefmaster, but she is awfully clean for a beefmasterX, but could be. from the right breeder could even be straight longhorn. No matter what the cross, she looks like she will work well in the freezer.

The something looks to be Braunvieh. The white outline around the muzzle is what gives it away. This one should make outstanding freezer material.

Mac

She looks like a deal to me.
Mind me asking how much you had to give?
I bet thats some cheap beef?
I have done the same myself, what the order buyers dont like well I eat.

MD

redfornow":sa5bu035 said:
Mac

She looks like a deal to me.
Mind me asking how much you had to give?
I bet thats some cheap beef?
I have done the same myself, what the order buyers dont like well I eat.

MD

.63c @ 458 lb $288.54
That was 6 weeks and about 150lb ago.
Mac

Could be straight Longhorn or a cross?? She's out of something clean if she's a cross. I don't think it's Beefmaster, not any Brahman blood. If you look at the Beefmaster cross pics I posted, you can see more leather. She'd probably make you a nice cross calf if you were to keep her and put a black bull on her. She'd wean a cross bred calf as big as herslf.

wlw":342e61er said:
The something looks to be Braunvieh. The white outline around the muzzle is what gives it away. This one should make outstanding freezer material.

When I bought her I thought that she was straight running LH, but the more I looked ay her, the more I did'nt know :roll: . Then when RUSTLER9 sent his pic, i thoutht they looked like sisters, like I said, "it dos'nt matter" just conversatoin.
Mac

w/w,
Your'e looking at her mealy muzzle. That's a Longhorn trait, some of the old folks thought that if they weren't mealy mouthed they were crossed up with something. She might be some WR blood, who knows. But it's interesting to see others LH's and crosses.

Nice topline and feminine LH face. The "mealy mouth coloring" is a LH trait. The 2nd photo looks like she needs some more groceries...sunken area behind ribs. 1st photo looks well fed. As far as whether she's a purebred LH or a cross...I don't know that much about LH X Commercial crosses to venture an opinion. Horns curved up little too much at her age for a "good horned" purebred LH (needs more lateral distance)...suggests she's crossed with something.

Either way, you got a good price (as buyer).

Thanks Running Arrow Bill,
Like I said the second pic was 6 weeks ago when I bought her, she has been eating ever since, the first pic was taken today.
If you don't mind, shoot me a guess on her age :?:
Thank you,
Mac

Think about the possibilities of this combination: Pinzguaer X Corriente. Look at the picture again. Carefully.

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":naqv5xrn said:
Think about the possibilities of this combination: Pinzguaer X Corriente. Look at the picture again. Carefully.

DOC HARRIS

Thats a good guess. Could definantly see that. Like Bill said, due to the short black horns, already curving up like that I would definantly say she is a cross of something, not just LH.

With the horns like they are, and the youthful look on the face... I would say she is about 19 months just like DOC. Sent one across the scales monday that looked just like her (not color, but horn developement and maturity level) that was 19 months old.

Ryan

lilmac":1s0rza4k said:
Thanks Running Arrow Bill,
Like I said the second pic was 6 weeks ago when I bought her, she has been eating ever since, the first pic was taken today.
If you don't mind, shoot me a guess on her age :?:
Thank you,
Mac

Easy to tell that this is her when she first came from the sale barn...yellow sticker on her rear is a dead giveaway. She really looks good now! Are ya' sure you want to eat her instead of finding how she might do as a mother cow?

Alice

Latest posts