Thankful for green grass...

Help Support CattleToday:

whitecow

Reaction score
after such a long drought!
595b1.jpg

595c.jpg

It may be a little washy, but we have more cows now than we have ever had and they have never been this fat. We had luck on our side in the fall. We planted 150 ac of oats about two weeks before getting Class A biosolids spread over everything. We had a little rain every couple of weeks since then and mostly warm temperatures. This is the best winter pasture we have ever had.

whitecow":2qxh618i said:
It may be a little washy, but we have more cows now than we have ever had and they have never been this fat. We had luck on our side in the fall. We planted 150 ac of oats about two weeks before getting Class A biosolids spread over everything. We had a little rain every couple of weeks since then and mostly warm temperatures. This is the best winter pasture we have ever had.
Yours probably has some pretty good protein then. Takes a lot to add up to much dry matter but will put weight on them.

Caustic Burno":xsr203sx said:
Problem is it has no nutritional value it's all water. Cow will starve to death eating it.
Better not be 20 foot behind mine when one coughs.

Isn't that the truth! I've had 4" of rain the last 2 weeks and more is predicted. The tips of the rye grass are now going rust colored. Have hay and minerals out but I sure wish it would dry out just a little.

How you guys are supposed to get some from this next system aren't ya? Tonight I think. This is the worst 9 month season for grass I've seen in a probably 12 years

Latest posts