Texas Lawsuit Imminent

Help Support CattleToday:

Horticattleman":2ryx7hnu said:
Not too long ago I culled a few heifers because they just weren't right and now they're suing me for 20,000 lbs. of feed. Don't know how we'll make it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a 2.1 is one down from a 1st. a 1st requires all questions asked to be right and the dissertation is of a very high quality. a 2.1 may have a few mistakes but not many, she got a first for her dissertation and lost a few points on her analytical drawings and paintings. so her overall marks put her in the 2.1. catagory.

Lammie":37obq9c9 said:
There are school around here where every girl, and boy, I guess, gets to be a cheerleader if she/he wants. Thirty people to a squad!

I am not a bit suprised because it happens all the time. Usually, the school will just put the extra girl on the squad to avoid all the fuss. At the high school where I work, the really popular girls don't want to do that stuff anymore.

That is what is happening to our kids. We have raised them to expect trophies for showing up. We have taught them that the minimal effort deserves praise, and everyone makes the team so no one's feelings get hurt. I have seen it a lot of kids raised by my generation. I have tried not to be like that, but every time either of my sons played a sport when they were, say, under 12, they came away with a trophy even if they didn't win a game all season!

I understand what you are saying, but I feel especially with the younger kids it is more important to show them that they are part of the team, they gave it thier best, played their hardest, and even though they might not have won one single game, they still are winners for trying. Every kid needs to feel like their efforts were recognized, especially at these young ages, for self esteem issues and confidence builders.

With regards to the cheerleading thing, what would be the big deal to have more than 8 on a team, isn't it supposed to be celebrating school spirit that matters, I think they put way too much emphasis on how the girls look and act, rather than the purpose for what they are there for.

GMN

GMN":78grx2c3 said:
Lammie":78grx2c3 said:
There are school around here where every girl, and boy, I guess, gets to be a cheerleader if she/he wants. Thirty people to a squad!

I am not a bit suprised because it happens all the time. Usually, the school will just put the extra girl on the squad to avoid all the fuss. At the high school where I work, the really popular girls don't want to do that stuff anymore.

That is what is happening to our kids. We have raised them to expect trophies for showing up. We have taught them that the minimal effort deserves praise, and everyone makes the team so no one's feelings get hurt. I have seen it a lot of kids raised by my generation. I have tried not to be like that, but every time either of my sons played a sport when they were, say, under 12, they came away with a trophy even if they didn't win a game all season!

I understand what you are saying, but I feel especially with the younger kids it is more important to show them that they are part of the team, they gave it thier best, played their hardest, and even though they might not have won one single game, they still are winners for trying. Every kid needs to feel like their efforts were recognized, especially at these young ages, for self esteem issues and confidence builders.

With regards to the cheerleading thing, what would be the big deal to have more than 8 on a team, isn't it supposed to be celebrating school spirit that matters, I think they put way too much emphasis on how the girls look and act, rather than the purpose for what they are there for.

GMN

chrisy":1gzscqui said:
a 2.1 is one down from a 1st. a 1st requires all questions asked to be right and the dissertation is of a very high quality. a 2.1 may have a few mistakes but not many, she got a first for her dissertation and lost a few points on her analytical drawings and paintings. so her overall marks put her in the 2.1. catagory.

ok, I still have no idea, but OK! So is that like a BA/BS or a Masters.

3MR":2kh9596z said:
chrisy":2kh9596z said:

ok, I still have no idea, but OK! So is that like a BA/BS or a Masters.

she has a BA and is now going for her Masters.

GMN":2cbmq1dk said:
Lammie":2cbmq1dk said:

GMN

Trying to make someone into something they aren't borders on cruel if you ask me. It denies them an opportunity to find something that they are really good at. God did not make us all cheerleaders, basketball players or what ever else for a reason. Each and everyone of us has a special gift unique to ourselves. How will one ever discover what that gift is if they are protected from life's bumps and bruises and made to feel that they have succeded when they have in fact failed?

For one to develope true self-esteme, they will fail at some things that they participate in and succede in others and you know what, they will develope a stronger character because of it. The free gift of "self esteme" is cheap and worthless and down deep, the child will know it. It will cause them to develope the welfare mentality which will cripple them for life. For something to be valuable to an individual, it needs to be earned, not given to them.

There are three constants in life:

Life hasn't been fair through the ages

Life isn't fair now.

Life will not be fair in the future.

That is so rediculous. In the small town of Yorktown that girl is going to have to move after this. :lol:

I personally know Debby Kneese and she is one of the most fair,, straigth up,, no BS people you will ever meet. Texas Schools need more people like her to keep kids from turning out like this one trying to sue.

Not all Texas people are like that... and that family will be ran out with pitch forks in hand. :x

I luv herfrds":1tdbr55p said:
Lammie it happened at my high school after I graduated. They were forced to let a real heavy girl on the majorettes squad. From what I heard from people it was not a pretty sight.

Has anybody else heard that song "It was a Different World" I don't remember the singer, but he did say," Not everybody make the team when they tried, but we turned out alright."
Maybe those invoved in the lawsuit should hear it and see how stupid they look.

Bucky Covington... After that song I would ellect him as president.

Kids need to be disapointed,, not make the team, and then their parents need to tell them to try harder next year or find what they are good at. It teaches good life lessons.

Latest posts