Texas Gov sends 1000 National Guard to secure Tex/Mex border

Help Support CattleToday:

Sky I really like the little statement at the bottom of your post. "Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers." That is a good prayer. I wonder if we will every be at the level we can understand and accept each other as brothers.

hurleyjd":2ywoi8px said:
Sky I really like the little statement at the bottom of your post. "Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers." That is a good prayer. I wonder if we will every be at the level we can understand and accept each other as brothers.

Thanks hurley... I don't think that time will be during either of our life time and I don't know how old you are but I am 34 and figure if im alive to see my great grandkids it should hopefully be that way. I truly hope so.

skyhightree1":ef2xo5b8 said:
hurleyjd":ef2xo5b8 said:

Thanks hurley... I don't think that time will be during either of our life time and I don't know how old you are but I am 34 and figure if im alive to see my great grandkids it should hopefully be that way. I truly hope so.

Try 74 next Jan 4. The older I get the more I can see that a lot has changed in my years. I give folks a lot more slack than I did at one time. I tip the waiters and waitress more than I did when I was younger. The young woman that cuts my hair gives me a old age discount makes the price $11 I hand her $25 and say that the haircut is worth more than $11. Oh great spirit is a good way to talk to our creator . That is the way I feel about it I try to keep the charity close to home and help the ones that need help. If I went to church and did the 10% the first thing you know they would build a building so big to worship God in that it would be so big you probable could not find God. I have lived long enough to see two darling great grand daughters. I did not believe in angels until these two showed up. Also I try to make everyone I meet to have a good day and look at the bright side of everything. My favorite statement is If you are not having a great day then it is your fault. I also like President Obama so there.

hurley congrats on great grand daughters . I am same way I will do anything for anyone as long as you are not a butthead. I love Obama as a brother " no pun intended " I just do not like some of the things that has came about under his leadership or lack thereof. I applaud you for the positive changes you have made in your lifetime no matter how much of a great person we think we are there is always room for some improvement somewhere. keep up the good work. :tiphat:

He's so cute....
twitter_russiapic.jpg

hurleyjd":31ciknhr said:
skyhightree1":31ciknhr said:
hurleyjd":31ciknhr said:

Try 74 next Jan 4. The older I get the more I can see that a lot has changed in my years. I give folks a lot more slack than I did at one time. I tip the waiters and waitress more than I did when I was younger. The young woman that cuts my hair gives me a old age discount makes the price $11 I hand her $25 and say that the haircut is worth more than $11. Oh great spirit is a good way to talk to our creator . That is the way I feel about it I try to keep the charity close to home and help the ones that need help. If I went to church and did the 10% the first thing you know they would build a building so big to worship God in that it would be so big you probable could not find God. I have lived long enough to see two darling great grand daughters. I did not believe in angels until these two showed up. Also I try to make everyone I meet to have a good day and look at the bright side of everything. My favorite statement is If you are not having a great day then it is your fault. I also like President Obama so there.

It's good that you're so generous with your money, but try not to give away so much of every other taxpayers dollar every time you vote. Thanks so much Hurley

backhoeboogie":6k90gqib said:
skyhightree1":6k90gqib said:
Truthfully I'd rather have neither if was possible

I agree with you there.

Yankees move in and call everyone "Mexican" even if the dark skin person is descended from someone who fought along side my ancestors at the Alamo or San Jacinto. These people have been in the U.S. for far more generations than half the people who call them "Mexican".

There are differences.
But you can't tell by looking. My "mexican" neice's husband's family has been here that long yet he even calls himself a mexican. Not unlike folks saying they are Irish, German or anything else. It's not always intended in a demeaning way. He// I call them all mexicans too...that is their ancestry most times. Most certainly don't want to be called latinos and certainly not "indians" which is what most are that come from Mexico City south.

hurleyjd":3mc2fnc8 said:
I think that President Perry is moving the Yankees in when he gives incentives to companies to move here. We will need more schools, more highways and more water. The moving also guts a community that the company moved from. Our economy needs to be improved from with in instead of moving factories from one place to the other. Also the Toyota truck plant in San Antonio was heavily subsided by we Texans by the power given to President Perry.
Can't remember anyone from Ford or Chevy wanting to put a plant down there. Of course their trucks are made in Mexico and Canada anyway. We'll always need more schools, highways and water unless you want to simply put a lid on the population and allow no one in or out and limit childbirth to one per family (where have I heard that???) Bet your Paw said the same thing when the populationwas around 3 million.

Tourist destinations are safe during daylight hours. Leave the premises after dark and you're on your own.

I can't say enough good about Rick Perry. Very few men stand up for their country and do what they think is right. His love for his country and state is what this Nation needs.

When third world people are brought into the United States, they are still carry the third world mentality. The government can maintain control over a third world mentality as you look at the nations where these people are coming from. They are running from their governments, to be free in the US. Our liberal government is preparing homeland security to take over the citizens with the help of the third world invasion.

Obama is waiting for an incidence where he can kill some citizens to show that he will control us with his arsenal he has stock piled for so long. They have been reporting it for years, as his orders for ammunition has made it difficult for others to get ammunition. Some thought it was because he was trying to prevent certain guns from having access of ammunition. But that was not the case. I forgot how many rounds of bullets he had for each citizen stock piled. We had a taste of it at the Bundy ranch. It sure hasn't been used at the borders.

The liberals will have enough third world citizens in their army as they are easily controlled. They will be given things they never had before and it will come so easy for them to rise up and be part of the US and gain status and importance as they saw how it worked in the countries they came from.

The number of true US citizens are dwindling every day that a baby is born because there seems to be more people that are Godless, and their parents didn't vote, or taught them about morals and values.

The people coming in are a great strain on our economy and our taxes and it will get worse, but there is a greater plan behind it. The people are shutting their eyes to it.

Once again, when Obama draws down on one incident on our public citizens, and fires on them, people will run like rats. They will become afraid and Obama will rant and rave about how the people are not in control, the government is.

Why can't the Republicans follow Rick Perry, Ted Cruz, and Trey Gowdy. They are becoming weak and just going through the motions to hold the job to get the benefits.

Rick Perry is going to show that the immigrants can be stopped. What an embarrassment to Obama and Eric Holder this will be. Eric Holder despises Rick, and I am sure that he will file another law suit, or order them to pull back, or they will be shot, or they will do something that has been brewing for a long time. I don't see Obama letting Rick Perry show the world that this matter can be controlled by the State of Texas!!! Go Rick Perry and Go Texas! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I heard a preacher say Sunday, "When they took prayer and the Bible out of schools, they had to put metal detectors in."

Seems to me, all the problems we have in America really stems from the idea of we (individuals)can do anything we want without limitations. From people having no desire to support themselves, not getting some education, not paying bills, drive-by shootings, to insurance cost, dressing any way they want with tattoos and rings in their tongues, and on and on.....all comes from not having taught principles and values to the very young.

So we let Government make laws to control what we as citizens should do ourselves. The laws become wrapped with so much ridiculous wording we need lawyers and more laws to understand. Then a team of law enforcement to implement.

Saw a report this morning how a western Kansas county (with 3,000 residence) stop traffic for one reason and then discover marijuana in the vehicle. They don't have the funds to prosecute them. Colorado passes laws and every state nearby has to pay for consequences.

This topic is a symptom of the problem.

We're so far behind as a country it will take a miracle to get back on track!

You know I really can't remember "God, the bible and prayer" in school. We did say the pledge to the American flag every morning and those that ate in the cafeteria were led in a short prayer said by one of the student. (is that what you mean?). Don't recall ever seeing a bible in school. Now it seems God, the Bible and Prayer" have been moved from a huge number of homes....that may be more where the problem lies. I know we always prayed at every meal at home, always prayed when we got up and before we went to sleep at night. Everybody in the family had a little bible and we read it and we went to church.

I remember a morning devotion read every day, read by a different kid. Prayer followed. Over the loud speaker.

I remember prayer before every sporting event.

The Pledge was carried out in the classroom.

We got air conditioning in '72 or so and many teachers proclaimed it "answered prayers". Girls could also begin wearing pants to school along about then as well.

backhoeboogie":2yssxzbi said:
I remember a morning devotion read every day, read by a different kid. Prayer followed. Over the loud speaker.

I remember prayer before every sporting event.

The Pledge was carried out in the classroom.

We got air conditioning in '72 or so and many teachers proclaimed it "answered prayers". Girls could also begin wearing pants to school along about then as well.
Yeah no pants for the girls when I was in school, then in college NO LADIES. :cry2: We never had those devotionals etc.

Latest posts