Texas did it!

Help Support CattleToday:

MurraysMutts

Reaction score
So Texas had her calf right on time.
Super excited for her. Shes the one who lost her calf at about 2 months old last year to what I believe was a snake bite. Shes such a good mama. I had to help her in the field to pull her first calf. She was a wheat heifer that got bred early and i bought her pretty cheap.
Anyway. This is how i found her last year, mooing her lil heart out for that baby to get up.

I can see the sadness in her. Can u?

She was bred to my Mutt bwf bull.

And finally!
Here is the new bull calf and my sweet Lil Texas girl.

No more accidents this year! I've plenty thank you very much. As an aside, this bull is gone now, but he made me a really nice group of pretty uniform calves. Mostly bulls. I've got 1 heifer out of him I may keep. We will see.

MurraysMutts said:
So Texas had her calf right on time.
Super excited for her. Shes the one who lost her calf at about 2 months old last year to what I believe was a snake bite. Shes such a good mama. I had to help her in the field to pull her first calf. She was a wheat heifer that got bred early and i bought her pretty cheap.
Anyway. This is how i found her last year, mooing her lil heart out for that baby to get up.

I can see the sadness in her. Can u?

Yes, I can see the sadness in her and have seen it around here. It is sad to see a mama keep mooing at a dead calf.

it is nice to read a post that has a beam of sunshine attached to it. Glad she has a nice healthy calf and hope everything works out great for her this year.

Dsth said:
it is nice to read a post that has a beam of sunshine attached to it. Glad she has a nice healthy calf and hope everything works out great for her this year.

How is that? Texas should have took the place of the dead calf on the trailer.
You now have two years upkeep in the cow at roughly 1100 bucks. With today's margins that cow will never turn a profit in her lifetime.
Produce a live and raise a calf to sell every 12 months or ride the trailer.
That cows calf's are subsidized beef for some city folks hamburger.

Caustic Burno said:
Dsth said:

You now have two years upkeep in the cow at roughly 1100 bucks. With today's margins that cow will never turn a profit in her lifetime.

There's more to life than a dollar or two CB. To each his own. I've given second chances to cows and people myself.

Caustic Burno said:
Dsth said:

Yes sir. Ordinarily I would agree.
She lost the calf thru no fault of her own tho.
Part of the reason she got to stay. She also let me pull her calf in the field. First one I've ever pulled by myself. Good calm heifer at the time. I was actually quite amazed. Lol
She bred back really fast for a 1st calf heifer too!
Not a large cow. Smaller build. Her calf last year was doing great until the snake bite.
She is about 3 weeks ahead of last year.
Idk. I really like her. With all the problems getting started at the new lease place last year I'd have wore the tires out on my trailer!
So far this year, everything is great!

Nesikep said:
Yeah, I had that this year too with my diphtheria calf, she seems to like her adoptee well now though

I was all out of orphans or I sure would have grafted one on her.
My last bottle calf went on one that was a hard pull with a huge calf that came backwards. Chased that one forever getting her caught. SHE should've went on the trailer. Lol.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Caustic Burno said:
Dsth said:

There's more to life than a dollar or two CB. To each his own. I've given second chances to cows and people myself.

That's true but there is no way I am going to subsidize somebody's hamburger. That may be okay with you.
That is one of the major problems we face today is welfare cattle out of our pockets.

Caustic Burno said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Caustic Burno said:

That's true but there is no way I am going to subsidize somebody's hamburger. That may be okay with you.
That is one of the major problems we face today is welfare cattle out of our pockets.

As long it's my pocket and my cattle I don't see a problem.

Are you signing up for the Corona-Cash for beef give away? Should be great fun, free money.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Caustic Burno said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Are you signing up for the Corona-Cash for beef give away? Should be great fun, free money.

Hadn't planned on it.
USDA Farm Service sent out the forms by email yesterday from my local office.
Haven't read all the paper work so far seems you have to sold between certain dates.

Caustic Burno said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Caustic Burno said:

Hadn't planned on it.
Haven't read all the paper work so far seems you have to sold between certain dates.

There are goodies in there for everybody. I'm signing up.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Caustic Burno said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Hadn't planned on it.

I normally write five checks a year to the gov't, so if I get the chance to get some back from them, I will. At least I know it'll be spent wisely that way, if my wife won't let me buy another set of cows, that is.

BFE said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Caustic Burno said:
Hadn't planned on it.

I normally write five checks a year to the gov't, so if I get the chance to get some back from them, I will. At least I know it'll be spent wisely that way, if my wife won't let me buy another set of cows, that is.

:clap: :banana:

Caustic Burno said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Caustic Burno said:

Hadn't planned on it.

Can I claim ur cattle on mine??
Roflmao....

Total inventory is eligible also. At a reduced rate..

Texas is doing fine.

MurraysMutts said:
Nesikep said:
Yeah, I had that this year too with my diphtheria calf, she seems to like her adoptee well now though

I was all out of orphans or I sure would have grafted one on her.
My last bottle calf went on one that was a hard pull with a huge calf that came backwards. Chased that one forever getting her caught. SHE should've went on the trailer. Lol.

So the one I speak of raising the orphan after losing her giant pulled calf, is springing...
She better do it right this time!
She was bred to the wrong bull for sure last time. My fault. One of the many problems I spoke of having last year.

Latest posts