testes wont fall

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
i can see em fine til i get him in the chute.im telling ya i had em in the chute twice..

only one will come down to where i can get band on it..i can feel it...but its like its so far up in there i cant get it. cant pull it down. i can see it when hes out in th grass but when he gets in the catch it disappears up inside him.

ive done enough of em to know how and did 4 others that day in about a minute apiece..so i dont think its me.

got him sold banded or not so no matter but if the deal falls thru im just gonna have to load em to the salebarn. cant keep him in the hiefer pen to wean him if he aint castrated....

i thought it odd...anyone had issues with em like this? my first...

gary

i dont think so..its like they draw up in when he gets frightened...they seem to hang fine out in the field

NMVaquero":3tnlrvyy said:
Try him without a chute, cowboy style. Maybe laying on his side will help.
If I'm banding thats the way I do it, cutting I used shute or cowboy style.

dun":1epa2sch said:
How old is he?

maybe 3 mos....but hes a big boy..one of the best ive had. he looks just like my beefmaster bull in miniature....

like i said hes sold either wya..the buyer dont care..but if i gotta keep him ill need to castrate him...in 2 weeks ill know for sure...he will be gone or ill be trying again...with a knife if need be..but i didnt wanna cut him in the summer

I have never had one that I could feel, but couldnt work down. Are you trying to hold on to the dropped one while you are working on the other. Maybe try letting that one go and see if you can work the other one down if you are. I have had to do that on occasion.

I had one a while back that would go back up but it was in a 3 day old valf. I held the one and pushed up on the area around the inguinal cannal and the other one popped out.

he will be 4 mos he 15th...he will be gone by 5 mos....ill post a pic,,,hee looks real good for a steer..sorry i sold him,,,

its funny cuz they hang til hes stressed and then the one is gone..i dug for it,,,he was in the chute too long for my tastes so i turned himm loose...no matter..buyer called said shell be here on the 7th of june...

Latest posts