test question #4

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":2qtf7opy said:
CopeMan":2qtf7opy said:
Me and my friends have been going to bull ridins' every monday night, right here in town at the local C5 ranch, they raise Longhorns for team roping, and they put those on also along with bull riding. My friend is going to ride. Amateurs can ride for 35 dollars, Id like to do it but dont know if I ever will. we go up behind the chutes...man you get a whole different feel for it up there...almost like your going to ride yourself. All of us guys are going to steer wrestle and try to win 50 bucks next week, hopefully if it doesnt rain this weeks out like last Monday.

Do it while you're young and your bones and muscles still heal relatively fast. Only problem with that is gives you more years to live with the fruit of your folly.

dun

Don't that's bad advice its not worth it when you get up in age, your back knees, ankles, shoulders hurt ever morning. Not to mention the broken bones. Wished I had never climbed on the first one
Don't do it. even if your young I'm paying big time now for younger days. You can't ride just one the rush is addictive and you will ride till you get hurt. It's like Lays Chips you can't just ride one.

Campground Cattle":2o59nml8 said:
dun":2o59nml8 said:
CopeMan":2o59nml8 said:
Me and my friends have been going to bull ridins' every monday night, right here in town at the local C5 ranch, they raise Longhorns for team roping, and they put those on also along with bull riding. My friend is going to ride. Amateurs can ride for 35 dollars, Id like to do it but dont know if I ever will. we go up behind the chutes...man you get a whole different feel for it up there...almost like your going to ride yourself. All of us guys are going to steer wrestle and try to win 50 bucks next week, hopefully if it doesnt rain this weeks out like last Monday.

Do it while you're young and your bones and muscles still heal relatively fast. Only problem with that is gives you more years to live with the fruit of your folly.

dun

Don't that's bad advice its not worth it when you get up in age, your back knees, ankles, shoulders hurt ever morning. Not to mention the broken bones. Wished I had never climbed on the first one
Don't do it. even if your young I'm paying big time now for younger days. You can't ride just one the rush is addictive and you will ride till you get hurt. It's like Lays Chips you can't just ride one.

I should have prefaced that with "If your going to ride bulls"

dun

Campground Cattle":37njs7la said:
Don't do it. even if your young I'm paying big time now for younger days. You can't ride just one the rush is addictive and you will ride till you get hurt.

Campground I have to agree with you. I should have stopped a day sooner than I did. But I wouldn't have been happy with myself if I had. Now it's costing me and will cost more. :)

a
Jake":2dpn2hdz said:
My only problem with the movie was that it made my brother and I want to ride bulls, we thought we could stay on.... It's a great movie! At some point in my life I still want to climb on the back of one of them big Brahman bulls but don't know if I'm still that brave/stupid or w/e you wanna call it. Ropin sounds better to me

If you can rope and want to rope, then rope. I tried roping and wasn't good. Started riding bulls and did a lot better. Yes it is addictive! People told me the affects would tell on me by the time I was 50. They were wrong-affected me long before I was 50. The 'gentle' sport of judo did not help matters either. I have to stretch and do calisthenics every day before I can do any physical activity. Ibuprofen is my drug of choice.

If I had it all to do over again, I would do it all over again. I did love it!
If you want to do it, it has to be your choice. Don't let someone else talk you into it.

I am dissapointed no one tried to answer my question about Donny Gay. At the '73 NFR he was bucked off in the final go by a bull named Too Salty from Big Bend Rodeo Co. Had he rode the bull he would have won the world. Instead it was won by Bobby Stiener. Donny won his first world championship the next year.
If Jake or anyone else want to ride they need to have a passion to do it. If you don't have that passion find another hobby. And if you have that passion nothing, and I do mean nothing, will stop you. As for the injuries and the pain as you get older.... My parents told me that I wouldn't be able to walk by the time I was 50. Past that a few years back and I am still walking. In fact I am doing better than some of my co workers and friends who are my age that never so much as stubbed a toe. There is an old rodeo song that ends with the line "if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have drove so slow." That line sums it up for me.
Dave

In the early 80's the rodeo in branson payed $120 for three rides in there
little rodeo show.
A couple of my friends had been doing it all summer and talked me into going with them one Saturday night.
Before I ever got on one, my friend got "gut stomped" and was air lifted
to Springfield.
It broke his back from the front side, he never has been right since.
He's 44 years old now and my 75 year old dad gets around better.

If you are going to do it wear a flak jacket and a helment...just in case.
If anyone dares to laugh at you kick their krack.

Hillbilly

Jake":29x3w379 said:
My only problem with the movie was that it made my brother and I want to ride bulls, we thought we could stay on.... It's a great movie! At some point in my life I still want to climb on the back of one of them big Brahman bulls but don't know if I'm still that brave/stupid or w/e you wanna call it. Ropin sounds better to me

Bull is for eatin or shootin, not ridin thats were a short happens between the bull and the ground.

I stayed away from the bulls, stuck to the barebacks and a few saddle broncs. Luckily I wasn't very good... they usually threw me far enuff that they couldn't stomp me. My only claim to fame is that my fees went into the pockets of 3 future world champs. Would I change anything? Darn right. I would skip all the parties and rodeo dances and hit twice as many rodeos. By the way I too can tell what the barometric pressure is with my knees, shoulder, neck, back etc..

Camp
{Don't that's bad advice its not worth it when you get up in age, your back knees, ankles, shoulders hurt ever morning. Not to mention the broken bones. Wished I had never climbed on the first one
Don't do it. even if your young I'm paying big time now for younger days.You can't ride just one the rush is addictive and you will ride till you get hurt. It's like Lays Chips you can't just ride one.}

What he's not telling you is that he loved his young wife to be, more than bullriding & no matter how hard he denies it it's true. Her ultimatum was bullriding or marriage.

Latest posts