Temporary poly wire fencing selection ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Any feedback on the value or the useful life of braided vs. the std twisted poly wire?

When have you seen a benefit with the copper tinned vs. the std steel conductors?

Don't know about the braided vs. twisted. By braided I assume you are talking about the flat stuff? If yes, I've never used it.

I do have an opinion on the poly vs. wire and that is I will never go back to wire. The orange and black poly w/stainless conductors works really well for me. It is strong and light which means it doesn't require a T post every 15 feet to hold it up off the ground like wire. And the poly is easier to attach to the spring loaded high voltage handles and makes those handles last much longer.

I've used them all for many years for cattle pasture rotation. Love the braided black & white 6 strand [2 cooper 4 stainless] for mainline out to field & 9 strand stainless white twisted for divisions. Also swear by the 4ft x 1/2in white fiberpost w/screw on black insulators as line post & 3/8in diveders w/pigtail insulators
http://www.premier1supplies.com/c/fencing/

Latest posts