Tell your favorite...funny

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike

Reaction score
I have several, but one that sticks out in my mind is when I left an empty feed bucket in the pen with a young bull I had been feeding some grain. I went to go feed the rabbits, and that bull calf stuck his head in the bucket, and it got stuck on him! He kept running around that pen, and I like to never got ahold of him to get it off!

Chasing a burro down the road at two in the morning wearing flip flops in 40 degree weather carrying a bucket of feed. I could almost hear him shouting, "Freedom!!!". Then watching my husband finally herd him back in while chasing him in the Metro. Miniature donkey, miniature car.

All we needed were clowns.

When I think about it most of the things I do that are not at all funny to me would be quite entertaining to a bystander. :oops: I've told enough of those - don't want ya'll thinking I was a dufus.

My son-in-law, who's not real crazy about livestock, offered to give a shot to a larger baby calf. My back was doing what it does sometimes, and I gladly accepted since he's given shots to calves before.

The calf was in one of those little white hutch/houses with a fairly large pen in front of it. He climbed in and finally grabbed the calf by the back leg and the calf drug him into the hutch. The banging and hollering "ow, ow, ow, stop it, ow" was funny enough, but then the hutch started to move up and down and scoot 2 feet one way, then 2 feet the other way...it was like in a cartoon.

All of a sudden the calf came shooting back out, but Robert didn't. I looked in the hutch and Robert was on sitting on the ground with his head hanging down and his arms propped up on his knees breathing so hard I thought he'd hyperventilate. I said, "Robert, are you ok?" He looked up, grinned, showed me the empty syringe and said, "I got him!" I laughed until my back went south again.

I have a good son-in-law. :D

Alice

I'm a bit clumsy and seems something is always happening to me. Most recent: Was filling up a trough, sitting on the edge of it while it filled and watching the cattle. Kinda muddy outside. One of the cows came up for a drink or to see what I was doing. I went to stand, slipped on the mud and fell backward into the trough.

last year when I was breaking a few show calves and we had company so I decided I was gonna show off and walk half broke compleatly crazy hefiers around the pen. well the first hefier was pretty good, didn't try to kill me, walked her around and tied her up, well then my sister said "let me walk Tinker " i was like "No"!!! so she said" ok walk her". I went in and was feeling pretty good about myself and got her outta the stall , no sonner was I 6 ft out of the stall then she fliped me in the mud! :oops: :oops: ! I was so embaresed :oops: :oops: :oops: sure enough learned my lesson!!!!!!!

also when I was showing my goat and he layed down in front of the judge!! I was ready to kill him { the goat }.No i didnot get pulled in that class!!!!!!!

last year when I was breaking a few show calves and we had company so I decided I was gonna show off and walk half broke compleatly crazy hefiers around the pen. well the first hefier was pretty good, didn't try to kill me, walked her around and tied her up, well then my sister said "let me walk Tinker " i was like "No"!!! so she said" ok walk her". I went in and was feeling pretty good about myself and got her outta the stall , no sonner was I 6 ft out of the stall then she fliped me in the mud! :oops: :oops: ! I was so embaresed :oops: :oops: :oops: sure enough learned my lesson!!!!!!!

also when I was showing my goat and he layed down in front of the judge!! I was ready to kill him { the goat }.No i didnot get pulled in that class!!!!!!!

Goes back to my old West Ranch days as a hand of course Fred was involved. Fred lead me astray more than once.
We were riding a 900 acre pasture checking fence when he got the idea we should bulldog some yearlings. I should have smelled a rat when he offer to haze for me then me for him.
To make a long story short I do not feel the need any longer to jump off a perfectly good horse going 30 mph on a yearling that has only seen people twice in her life, me being the second person.

Caustic Burno":2uulddlr said:
Goes back to my old West Ranch days as a hand of course Fred was involved. Fred lead me astray more than once.
We were riding a 900 acre pasture checking fence when he got the idea we should bulldog some yearlings. I should have smelled a rat when he offer to haze for me then me for him.
To make a long story short I do not feel the need any longer to jump off a perfectly good horse going 30 mph on a yearling that has only seen people twice in her life, me being the second person.

THAT is funny.

Alice":3bcka9d9 said:
My son-in-law, who's not real crazy about livestock, offered to give a shot to a larger baby calf. My back was doing what it does sometimes, and I gladly accepted since he's given shots to calves before.

The calf was in one of those little white hutch/houses with a fairly large pen in front of it. He climbed in and finally grabbed the calf by the back leg and the calf drug him into the hutch. The banging and hollering "ow, ow, ow, stop it, ow" was funny enough, but then the hutch started to move up and down and scoot 2 feet one way, then 2 feet the other way...it was like in a cartoon.

All of a sudden the calf came shooting back out, but Robert didn't. I looked in the hutch and Robert was on sitting on the ground with his head hanging down and his arms propped up on his knees breathing so hard I thought he'd hyperventilate. I said, "Robert, are you ok?" He looked up, grinned, showed me the empty syringe and said, "I got him!" I laughed until my back went south again.

I have a good son-in-law. :D

Alice

I can picture that quite clearly... no wonder your back went out....

Latest posts