Tell me what I’ve missed......

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita

Reaction score
I had sold all of my cattle in 2014 when prices were up so I could spend more time growing my day job business.
Made a lot of infrastructure improvement to the place, and bought back in December 2019.

I notice dun and others are no longer with us. What else have I missed?

hmmm - I assume when you sold the cows you used $870 the price of 1 cull cow and bought 3 bitcoins in January 2015 for $290 each.
Bitcoin broke 60,000 today currently it's at 60,163 x 3 = $180,489

Other than that you probably didn't miss much.... :)

Where do I go to learn about this new forum software? What is a reaction score?

I see that CB is still full of pizz and vinegar, GB is still a voice of reason. What happened to Isomade? Hook? Dash? Jed?

Hi SoB,
No Bitcoin or anything similar here. Just 3 hots and a cot, but family is healthy and life is good.
Was just curious how everyone else is doing.
I feel a bit like the Prodigal Son coming back. You guys and gals helped me a lot, and then I baled out for awhile.

I see that CB is still full of pizz and vinegar, GB is still a voice of reason. What happened to Isomade? Hook? Dash? Jed?
Reaction score is a 'like' or other response from other users to something you posted.
Isomade sold out a few years ago to spend more time with his family, tho I did read he had gotten back in to cattle in some way, perhaps with a family member.
Hook & Dash were banned as was Inyatti and quite a few others.
As far as I know Jed is still actively farming on the delta, but is not on CT any more.
Many of the banned members can be found on another discussion board with cattle today as part of that board's name.

CT was sold and has a new owner and admin, which is partly the reason for the new format.

Next friday, my own cows will be property of a new owner tho they will stay here at least until my place sells and wife and I move back farther into Western part of Tx. I have no plans to have cattle again as I will soon be 71 and don't have the energy and health to do it all again.

Thank you for your update, greybeard. If I were to live in Texas, I'd want to live in the furthest reaches. Good going with your move.
Time moves too fast.

I drove across Texas once but I never went through Pineville (hope I got that right) Anyway it the clock dosen't run out I
would like to get out that way...

Isomade sold his cows and left. Jed just left of his own accord. It has been a while since Hook and Dash left. I think they were banned but not 100% certain on that. It is hard to keep track of all the comings and goings around here.

Reaction score is a 'like' or other response from other users to something you posted.
Isomade sold out a few years ago to spend more time with his family, tho I did read he had gotten back in to cattle in some way, perhaps with a family member.
As far as I know Jed is still actively farming on the delta, but is not on CT any more.
Many of the banned members can be found on another discussion board with cattle today as part of that board's name.

CT was sold and has a new owner and admin, which is partly the reason for the new format.

Next friday, my own cows will be property of a new owner tho they will stay here at least until my place sells and wife and I move back farther into Western part of Tx. I have no plans to have cattle again as I will soon be 71 and don't have the energy and health to do it all again.
I hope you stick around on the forum Greybeard. I always appreciate your perspective.

You find you a new place??

Ouachita I bought rent houses. Still have a few head but I sold the farm and herd. Put it in to rentals. 8 of them. Still owe a quarter million but all are rented and everything is going against the principal.

Amish are moving in around here seems weekly as the horse buggy traffic is getting more and more. An Amish neighbor has twelve kids and a few more child bearing years left so I expect it to pickup even more in the near future. They are good neighbors.

Amish are moving in around here seems weekly as the horse buggy traffic is getting more and more. An Amish neighbor has twelve kids and a few more child bearing years left so I expect it to pickup even more in the near future. They are good neighbors.
There are quite a few Amish settlements in this area too. The opinions of them are mixed as far as I can tell from those that live around them. There lifestyle doesn't makes lot of sense to me, but from what I have seen I have nothing negative to say. They have always been fair and respectful and all business. I used to enjoy seeing them make sorghum with horses turning the presses.

Latest posts