tell me if I'm wrong

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt

Reaction score
What really drives the economy is people spending their "surplus money". What I mean is when people are spending their money on things they don't "need" that is what drives the economy. People buying iphones, new cars, vacations, expensive clothes, and on and on. This is how jobs are created and sustained. When needed expenses increase people have to cut their discretionary budget. When gas prices were sky high the housing bubble burst. Surplus money was diverted to fill the tank with gas. Layoffs began. Medical costs continue to increase cutting into budgets.

The way to get the economy going again is to bring down the costs of living. We need to bring down the cost of Gas even further. Gas runs the entire economy. If you don't believe this what do you think will happen if Gas hit $30 a gallon. Cut eneregy costs. If everyones electric bill was cut in half how much money would that be? Ever wonder what the electric bill for Walmart or GM is? The entire country of France is powered by nuclear energy.

Stop the easy mortgage practices. Politicians were always complaining about affordable housing. Now that housing prices are dropping they are doing everything they can to prop up home prices.

Stop devalueing the dollar. The cheaper dollar makes gas prices higher and anything imported cost more.

Doing these things will drop the prices on everything. From groceries to vacations. Am I wrong?

Walt

All good Walt. Alwys thought a good general way to keep things moving is to keep the price of diesel low.

Then I thought again, there is always someone scooping up the surplus when you do something non-targeted. ( Look at beef prices, cow-calf man getting 40% less than a few years ago, but that doesn't show in the meat counter at the store ).

They got a neat thing going on here, a home renovation tax break, up to $1500 on qualifying projects.
Has invigorated a few sectors and quite frankly - benefits the working man.

We got our roof done. Spent 5 grand we might not have ( was considering doing it myself ) and 7 fellas got a days work. Hardware place got a grand in materials sales. Don't take long to affect other sectors.

Latest posts