TC Total 410

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus In Texas

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any progeny out of this bull and if so what were your thoughts on them..... He is a bull we are considering for the upcoming breeding season. Any input is appreciated.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Didn't you buy him THG? ;-) :oops: :cry:

Watch the front structure of the animals you are using him on.

Quite honestly, in my humble opinion, the best 208 son out there!! In all seriousness, again in my humble opinion, not enough bull there to merit using him, I.E. look at both SEC's and Fester's comments and that will tell you all you need to know. By the way have seen him in full show condition as well as right after breeding pasture condition while at stud, very very disappointed.

capt

Whether or not they have enough rear quarter, depth or whatever else becomes relative for the person breeding with him.

I think he's exactly what just about every other New Design is like. Some will critique this bull while breed with 878 :shock:

Not a lot of difference.

Well what I am looking for is a bull that will maintain thickness in his progeny while bieng structurally sound but also will help to maintain the carcass in the cattle. I am a small breeder and so as bad as it may seem to some I have to keep numbers in mind when making breeding decisions because it is easier for a small operation such as mine to market cattle with better EPDs.

At the same time I will not use a bull solely for his numbers..... he must have structure and phenotype to go with the genotype.

Sorry by easier to market cattle with higher EPDs I mean the females becuase typically our bull customers in this area are very uneducated as to EPDs and pedigree and buy bulls based on looks, growth and scrotal development. Bulls have a very limited selling price no matter what the genetics or EPDs are like in this area while the females can be sold through consigments to larger sales where EPDs and pedigrees influence the selling price more.

Latest posts