TC Ranch

Help Support CattleToday:

highvoltagecattleco

Reaction score
Anybody going to the TC Ranch sale. I have never been there. I visited QLC in Nebraska in September. He told me it was one heck of a sale. TC Stockman 365 is one of my favorites. :lol:

I was there in October, very down to earth place. It is not a white fence, big house, or fancy barn kind of place. Some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Vance is one guy that will tell you how it is, also he is very critical of his cattle, never heard him brag or gloat about anything, except Sitz Alliance(I think he is Vance's baby). Cows are in range condition, no feed bunks in the pastures, although they do feed silage in the winter. The bulls are developed in a feedlot type setting on the ranch. Lots of farm ground to go with the cattle.

Never been there but I have a good friend and customer who lives real close to him, and has only good things to say about Vance. The cattle I have seen out of their program have always been impressive.

highvoltagecattleco":341b8n39 said:
Anybody going to the TC Ranch sale. I have never been there. I visited QLC in Nebraska in September. He told me it was one heck of a sale. TC Stockman 365 is one of my favorites. :lol:
I am watching the sale right now on Satellite. They are all going for high dollar money! The first bull sold for $72,500, and the average about now is around $10,000. Good, strong top lines, depth, hindquarters and thickness. Good ratio's and moderate milk EPD's. "Funnel Butts" are seen very seldom in this offering. Once in a while one will pop up, but as strong as those genes have gotten to be in the Angus breed in the last twenty years it is difficult to overcome that phenotype tendency. But wise breeders saw the problem six to eight years ago, and it is beginning to show in the improved hindquarters that this years crop of yearlings are showing in the sales.

HOWEVER - we need to watch that the females don't get TOO big as a result of leaning toward thickness and width. It is a "Catch 22" problem to seek perfection in ALL traits! . . . .without focusing on "single trait selection" thinking.

DOC HARRIS

I watched as well. I am impessed by the MA Broadside progeny. Nice full bulls, with depth and width. The Gridiron sons had nice width. From what I saw they all have tipped pelvis. I was surprised that a Bextor son led off the sale. Not that he was poor, but you don't see the demand for Bextor. All in all they looked good. :clap:

I watched a little after they were a ways into the sale $4000 or so avg. while I was watching. I kinda liked some of them.Too much milk and growth in some of them for me but they had a look about them.A couple people I know are useing gridiron on some olhde type cows and getting pretty neat looking calves (kinda showy anyway).

Latest posts