TC Total 410

Help Support CattleToday:

The comment I've heard from Parker Fredrick consulting is that they are plenty thick and fancy. I've got a few bred to him.

He's probably the best 208 son available. There is the complaint that he puts a little white on the progeny. I think he's a numbers bull. He will give you impressive EPDs. I don't think he is a cow improver. TC Ranch puts out some real nice sires. I wouldn't rate him as one of their best.

I used him on my best cow this year and so we will know in the fall how it turns out. I'm impressed so far with what I have seen out of him. Although I haven't seen any bulls so I don't know how thick they will be..... but the females are really fancy. So I am excited.

On a side note, the Mile High heifer this cow has at side right now is pretty incredible. She is by far the best heifer I have ever raised. Thick front to back, deep body, wide hip, great feet and leg structure, just the right amount of femininity..... the only complaint I have is that she is just a touch short bodied which could be a misconception due to the depth of body and her neck is just a tad short but outside of that she is outstanding.

Thanks for the comments, and the link. White shouldn't be a concern. We're going to be looking for a clean up bull and Total's numbers have caught my eye. I see some on test at OBI that have done very well, too. In fact, white might be a good thing in this case. The idea is to send all the clean up bull's calves to the feedlot and life might be simpler if they have too much white. :)

Why not run a Charolais bull then and market some silver calves which would no doubt top the market or do very well on the rail for you.

SEC":3j7f9v90 said:
Why not run a Charolais bull then and market some silver calves which would no doubt top the market or do very well on the rail for you.

We talked about using another breed bull. There aren't many Char breeders in this area. The one that I know about was about to stop registering his females. He said he kept the females and his brother sold the bulls, but his brother was about to quit that, too, because he could get almost as much for them as feeder steers as he got for 16-18 month old bulls, without the hassle.

And since we don't necessarily plan to keep the bull except for the breeding season, we think we'd have an easier time reselling an Angus bull than a Charolais bull. I'd like to use one of our own, but, looking at what's on the ground this spring, the best ones are too closely related to several of the cows.

Frankie, You are looking for a clean up bull and ask about Total. I don't think they will sell you full possession or any on Total. I think your looking at getting one of his progeny. By the time you use his progeny you will only have a quarter of influence. Everything that he is will be diluted. Good luck finding that next herd sire.

WOW, I thought that you were losing it, when you had decided to turn out a bull. But, now I am convinced, since you are going after TC Total :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't understand why yall are razing Frankie.

Looking for a cleanup bull and investigating sons of TC Total.

Could do a dang sight worse. More bull buyers should do a little research on what they are going to breed their cows to.

bulldealer":18h4rm3m said:
WOW, I thought that you were losing it, when you had decided to turn out a bull. But, now I am convinced, since you are going after TC Total :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, you know what big spenders we are. :lol: What are your thoughts on him? Are you seeing many sons around the state?

Frankie, I suppose that it comes as no surprise :shock: to you that I also recommend using another breed of bull for cleanup duty, and that I think you should get a good stout Hereford. As for reselling, I am seeing very good demand for Hereford bulls in Oklahoma, having placed five in one little northeastern Oklahoma area myself, some of them for other breeders. One of my bull customers from Deleware County also purchased three bred registered Hereford heifers from Flying G. And surely some black baldies would do you proud at the stockyards or feedlot....always have.