T-post one, me zero

Help Support CattleToday:

Gate latch vs wedding ring while going through gate on side by side. View attachment 44656
I saw a man step off the side of yarder. Caught his wedding ring on something. Things came tight before his feet hit the ground. Popped his finger right off. He turned sort of grey colored right away. Also a class mate from college. His wife stepped out of a combine and hung up her wedding ring. She now has 9 fingers.

Last edited:
I saw a man step off the side of yarder. Caught his wedding ring on something. Things came tight before his feet hit the ground. Popped his finger right off. He turned sort of grey colored right away. Also a class mate from. His wife stepped out of a combine and hung up her wedding ring. She now has 9 fingers.
My 'shop' teacher in Jr. High told a story similar to this to his class, which I was in. While he was in the Navy, one of his ship mates dropped through one of those holes between decks (had a ladder but he didn't use it) his wedding wing caught on the edge of the hole. Well, all of the sailor passed safely between decks....except his wedding band and ring finger. Ouch!

Use to have a picture of the gate latch but I can't find it . Sort of v shaped latch that the gate chain fits in to . Gate was closing so I reached out to push it open and hit the gas . Almost jerked me off the Polaris !

Told my wife before we got married or ever started looking at rings I wouldn't wear one. Been on the keychain to my favorite truck since I got it. Think I have worn it a half dozen times in 13 years for special occasions at her request. They are a recipe for disaster when you work for a living.

I saw a man step off the side of yarder. Caught his wedding ring on something. Things came tight before his feet hit the ground. Popped his finger right off. He turned sort of grey colored right away. Also a class mate from college. His wife stepped out of a combine and hung up her wedding ring. She now has 9 fingers.
Did they find the ring?

Ken

I push the majority of my T-posts in with the bottom of the skid steer forks.

But for the occasional random post I still use the finger smasher 9000. Got a few scars on my hands.
Knowing the capabilities of the finger smasher 9000, having hands to have scars on could be reason enough to count blessings.

Told my wife before we got married or ever started looking at rings I wouldn't wear one. Been on the keychain to my favorite truck since I got it. Think I have worn it a half dozen times in 13 years for special occasions at her request. They are a recipe for disaster when you work for a living.
Same here as I bent it about flat on my finger once and got it hung an about tore my finger off, also. I don't even know where it is.

I went with one of the rubber/silicone ones after my finger healed , but after losing 2 I gave up . Wife doesn't wear hers because she has arthritis bad in her hands and fingers . So I guess neither can say anything.

When I was a teenager we had a outboard motor that needed to be overhauled. Dad was helping the guy at the marina drive the pins out of the pistons. He missed and hit this guys thumb. He never said a thing, went and sat on snowmachine he had in his shop. Dad it it hard, as he was giving it all he had. That guy never said a word. Later that night he stepped out of his trailer for a breath of fresh air and passed out.

Latest posts