T-Post Insulators

Help Support CattleToday:

larryshoat

Reaction score
We've been using Dare T-Post insulators and they are just not tough enough. Does anybody know of one that would be better.
We are constantly replacing broken ones.

Larry

Are you using the yellow ones that you just do a little jog with the wire to get it in? I've used the black Dare pinlock type with good luck. Most I have are 10 years old and no problems unless a tree falls or "somebody" clips it with the tractor tire. :oops:

Thanks guys, I figured you guys had forgotten more about that kind of fence than I know. I'll get some of those ordered. All our cattle are off the pastures now and it's a good time to make improvements. Thanks again!

Larry

I had the same problems with the yellow 2" extension insulators from Dare. All of them started cracking and eventually broke on the curved point that grips the post at the front. Removed several hundred of them and returned them to Agri-Supply near me. They replaced them all, no questions asked. I also use the black Dare pinlock insulators and love them.

HUS":2oi4d310 said:
I had the same problems with the yellow 2" extension insulators from Dare. All of them started cracking and eventually broke on the curved point that grips the post at the front. Removed several hundred of them and returned them to Agri-Supply near me. They replaced them all, no questions asked. I also use the black Dare pinlock insulators and love them.
It figures I had two choices and picked the wrong one. :)

Larry

Have used 1 1/2"? PVC pipe for some applications (corners. sharp turns ect.) wire ties to fasten. Have also used wire ties on damaged insulators.

Latest posts