Sync cows for natural service

Help Support CattleToday:

Tbrake

Reaction score
I've read many articles on how people sync with lute, and gnrh. I have never done this. Always used a 10 day protocol with cidrs. I'm looking to do away with the cidr to save a little money. What is the protocol with lite and gnrh? Is it as effective on heifers? Also, how would I go about doing this for bull service? For my commercial herds I see no advantage of using ai, with high quality bulls. Registered herds I will continue to ai. I love the tight Calving window that comes with ai. Is this a passable idea or am I nuts? I haven't been able to find the answer I'm looking for elsewhere

GnRH and 7 days later Lute then turn them in with the bull. As long as a heifer is cycling it will work on them.

Another question. When using this for ai, when do you put the patch on? I assume not till the shot of lute. And chance of some coming into heat before the shot of lute?

Thank you. That answered my question. This is all just for future reference this fall. I have always used cidrs with a 10 day protocol. Looking to do away with the cider to save a little money possibly. What does the shot of gnrh and lute cost on average?

Latest posts