Sweet Lix...Anyone use it?

Help Support CattleToday:

VtMapleGal

Reaction score
http://www.sweetlix.com is the web site. my local feed store has a vit/min supplemt block for sale by them. I can use it for my horse and cows, which pleases me, but i am wondering if anyone knows of them and thier quality. I am having a hard time findin info in my area about what my cows need for vit/min supplements.

VtMapleGal":12163sem said:
www.sweetlix.com is the web site. my local feed store has a vit/min supplemt block for sale by them. I can use it for my horse and cows, which pleases me, but i am wondering if anyone knows of them and thier quality. I am having a hard time findin info in my area about what my cows need for vit/min supplements.
I'd stick to their loose Minerals if you have a place to feed them where it's dry, if not try out their blocks. I believe you'll see results...

We use the Nutri-Lix tub. It weights 250lbs.
We have free choice mineral out all year round, but give this tub to our bred cows during their last trimester.
Running about 70 head we put out 2 tubs and the first year heifers get one along with the bulls and replacements.
It is mainly during the winter that we use them.

Brute 23":9h4rocn0 said:
We use those alot of those tubs. Cows love them... they are kind of pricey though. Tubs always come in handy afterwards.

I use em and like em, I also use the block with rabon it up close to the barn and corrals it seems to help control flys when used with rubs. Do not know how it wowrd work without the rubs.

Are you supplementing beef cattle or dairy cattle? Cows or calves, etc? Sweetlix makes a few different formulations. The 3-in-1 block is a pretty basic block that should have a higher level of trace minerals and vitamins to my liking. The 7% phos block is a better fortified block. Cattle will eat adequate levels of these blocks to help the cattle. Blocks generally cost a little more than loose mineral but you don't have to spend as much on equipment to feed blocks vs. loose.

My son is using sweetlix minerals, and sometimes uses right now minerals, I think because of the difference in price, but he gets sweetlix minerals with ctc, whatever that is, I don't really know, I think it is some type of antibiotic in it. I guess it works well, don't seem to have any that look like they are missing anything, n don't miss calving, healthy calves also.

tryinhard

Do what Crowder said. It is cheaper and the cows are able to utlilize it more efficiently.

I think cattle should have a consistent flow of Minerals, vitamins, and trace mineral salt. Lick tubs are a sure way of getting this. Maybe not the cheapest but most convenient. I stop with the tubs when the grass is good. Wintering cattle get lick tubs and or free choice minerals.

Latest posts