Surprize in a bale of hay

Help Support CattleToday:

Holmesfarm

Reaction score
Put out a few bales and the cows were enjoying them I saw something orange in the hay. I couldn`t beleive it my orange sweater. was wondering were it went to.surprized it got through the baler.

Mom ran a 5" dia treated post through my square baler, cut it up in 16" lengths and tied it. She never heard it. :shock:

bet your sweather was messed up pretty bad after going through the baler

Nope it was a little wrinkled I washed it and it is ready to wear. we have a small square baler JD.

"bet your sweather was messed up pretty bad after going through the baler"

Nope it was a little wrinkled I washed it and it is ready to wear. we have a small square baler JD.

I've run a hat or 3 through them. Years back a kid came by with his folks buying hay for his horse. His parents were trying to teach him about the cost of feeding the horse, so they made him multiply the price by the number of bales and figure up what it cost to feed the horse everyday. I piped up and told him that I had baled my favorite hat, and that if he found it, I'd refund his money for that bale. Two months later, his mom called with one of those "You ain't gonna believe this" stories, and the kid had found the hat. He'd been flaking each bale apart as he fed, checking them and he found it. You'd have thought he found a $100 bill the way he looked when I handed him the $1.25. It made my day.

hrbelgians":26x7ies3 said:
cfpinz":26x7ies3 said:
Mom ran a 5" dia treated post through my square baler, cut it up in 16" lengths and tied it. She never heard it. :shock:

Definitely a good baler!

Expensive firewood ... but I do wonder how the mower, tedder, and/or rake seem to miss these items.

Neighbor just found his cell phone in a bale of balage that we put up 2 years ago. He couldn;t clean it up enough to be willing to put it next to his face though.

Latest posts