superbowl pics?

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch":165wqbbd said:
ga.prime":165wqbbd said:
Falcons in a yawner.
Atlanta never makes it easy or ever wins in a yawner that I can recall.
1991 The Greatest World Series Ever, Atlanta vs Minnesota with the Twins winning it in 7 games in extra innings
and every game of the entire series had an element that was close to being a classic.
You're mostly right but two weeks ago against the Packers and the week before that against the Seahawks, not close from early on in either game. I think the only way they lose today is if they somehow suffer a rash of turning the ball over.

I agree on the '91 series, greatest series ever. Watched every inning of it. Braves probably would have won the 6th game and the series but for Lonnie Smith's late game base running error. John Smoltz going 9 innings and Jack Morris going 10 innings in the 7th game, incredible. Heartbreaker for Atlanta.

TexasBred":3ax7x14c said:
Rooting for Atlanta but betting on New England.
I believe that is the prevailing attitude outside of the North Eastern United States.
Most folks love to see an underdog win.
Haven't looked recently, but early on 74% of the betting action in Vegas was on the Patriots.

Here's a gambling story about a guy claiming to have been barred from playing Blackjack because he was too good.
How much were you up?
Well I was down at the moment, but you know those things turn around and when I threw my drink in the big fat pit bosses' ugly face they used it as an excuse to bar me, cause they knew I was too good... they knew... they knew.

Son of Butch":2wm9ajd3 said:
Here's a gambling story about a guy claiming to have been barred from playing Blackjack because he was too good.
How much were you up?
Well I was down at the moment, but you know those things turn around and when I threw my drink in the big fat pit bosses' ugly face they used it as an excuse to bar me, cause they knew I was too good... they knew... they knew.
:lol: :lol:

Son of Butch":1sazr7t7 said:
TexasBred":1sazr7t7 said:
Rooting for Atlanta but betting on New England.
I believe that is the prevailing attitude outside of the North Eastern United States.
Most folks love to see an underdog win.
Haven't looked recently, but early on 74% of the betting action in Vegas was on the Patriots.
74% of the Vegas betting action on New England to cover 3.5 and the line hasn't moved means one thing- bookmakers thinking Falcons gonna win!!!!!

Carpenter2n":ia9wbn5e said:
according to the las vegas sun 53% of the betting is on atlanta
Line opened at 3 pts and over/under at 59 and 74% of the early money came in on New England
Vegas moved the lines up 1/2 a point each to 3.5 and 59.5 to slow the betting on New England
The general public was betting New England -3 and over 59 too heavy for Vegas liking.
Vegas wants to make their money on the juice not the bet, they aren't in business to bet but to book bets and make commission off the betting not the game.... it was the late big bet 'wise' guys that swung total betting pool to Atlanta

ga.prime":xf57frxf said:
Falcons in a yawner.
You nailed it ga. you nailed it... until Atlanta coaching staff pulled off the biggest choke job in history of Super Bowl.
I was so angry with their play calling that before the end of the 3rd quarter I switched to rooting for the Patriots to punish them for their stupidity.

They are calling it the greatest comeback. NO biggest choke job and it wasn't Mattie Ryan's fault!

Son of Butch":373mwo6o said:
ga.prime":373mwo6o said:
Falcons in a yawner.
You nailed it ga. you nailed it... until Atlanta coaching staff pulled off the biggest choke job in history of Super Bowl.
I was so angry with their play calling that before the end of the 3rd quarter I switched to rooting for the Patriots to punish them for their stupidity.

They are calling it the greatest comeback. NO biggest choke job and it wasn't Mattie Ryan's fault!
pretty much all games are lost by the loser not won by the winner

News comments sections are already filling up with the conspiracy theory nutjob comments.
sourgrapes.jpg

Falcons blew a 25 pt halftime lead.
End of story.

I didn't get to hear Kraft's post game speech--anyone know where it's posted?

It takes two good teams to have a great game, the Falcons have nothing to be ashamed of, they just had to be up against one of the best teams ever, and the Pats never gave up.

Son of Butch":34wo3twn said:
ga.prime":34wo3twn said:
Falcons in a yawner.

amazing how quick people can generate these internet memes....

Don't think they choked, just think they took their lead for granted, and the Pats are not a team you can do that with, Brady never gave up, and that's what makes him better than the rest.

haase":pyfdzje8 said:
Don't think they choked, just think they took their lead for granted, and the Pats are not a team you can do that with, Brady never gave up, and that's what makes him better than the rest.
NO they flat out choked. Coaching staff thought they were the smartest guys in the room. They could have run time off the clock by kneeling down 3 times in a row after Julio Jones 1st down catch put them in easy field goal range and that would have put the game out of reach. Pride opened the door and New England pushed them back out of field goal range, but you have to give credit to Brady for being able to walk through the door once it was opened.

Brady was very rude not to have thanked the Atlanta coaches for giving him the opportunity to win the game and seal his spot as the all time greatest quarterback. He should buy them each a car to show his gratitude.
Tom Brady, such an ungrateful bxstxrd. :)

Latest posts