Trail cam pics this week

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":2u8aar5r said:
Same here. I'm trying to get the age of my bucks up to 4.5-5 years and each time someone shoots a juvenile it hurts the whole program for several years.

There are two bucks I am hunting. I don't know if I will even get a chance at them but they are the only two I know I will shoot. The last big one I had my sights on I hunted for two years. I finally figured his pattern out and had him nailed dead to rights as he courted a doe for 15 minutes less than 100 yards in front of me but for some reason holding the scope on him was enough for me and I let him walk and turned a friend of mine on it. Told him where to be and when and in less than an hour the buck stepped out and he got his shot.

We are starting to get the management strategy changed here.

That nice buck in the top picture was in a long trot behind a doe this morning about daylight. Looks like he has broken his nocturnal cycle. I've been getting daytime pics of him for about 2 weeks now. My guy comes in Friday night. I think I have few pinch points narrowed down for him. I think he and his wife are coming this year. It would be great if she scored. Maybe my does will stay hot, and close to my clover.

Bigfoot":164b5hhy said:
That nice buck in the top picture was in a long trot behind a doe this morning about daylight. Looks like he has broken his nocturnal cycle. I've been getting daytime pics of him for about 2 weeks now. My guy comes in Friday night. I think I have few pinch points narrowed down for him. I think he and his wife are coming this year. It would be great if she scored. Maybe my does will stay hot, and close to my clover.

He's broken the nocturnal cycle because he is probably following the moon's cycle. Based on the moon, there should be a lot of activity around noon till 2:00. If she was there today this is when she needs to be sitting in the stand.

Jogeephus":1ij435fg said:
Bigfoot":1ij435fg said:

He's broken the nocturnal cycle because he is probably following the moon's cycle. Based on the moon, there should be a lot of activity around noon till 2:00. If she was there today this is when she needs to be sitting in the stand.

I just came in off the stand they are stirring.

Jogeephus":254ep536 said:
CF, you really need to wash your truck. BTW - right rear tire looks like it needs some air too. :lol2:

Thanks, I'm sure you've seen my email where I'm going to be out of town next week. Will you let me know if a stock tank goes dry? If I don't answer my cell, I'm sure you can triangulate me to the closest land line. :D

Anybody else notice how cattywampus the skeletal structure is in all of those deer? Most of them look 3 legged lame and the first one's back feet couldn't trail in a dozer track. Probably just be best if they were put down and started over. I think I have a few days I could spare to help you out with that Bigfoot if you have them pretty tightly patterned. :lol:

TrailCam.jpg

Imagine my surprise last night...
:lol:

They got that nice buck in the top picture this afternoon. The trail cam pictures don't do him justice. He had a lot more mass to his rack, than the pictures showed. They want to get it mounted of course, so I volunteered to put it in my freezer. The rack filled the entire freezer. I wish we had went to the trouble of weighing it. Just a guess, but It was way the other side of 200 pounds. I drug it close to a quarter mile with a horse, and had rest him a few times on the way out.

Latest posts