Trail cam pics this week

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score

I don't hunt. I started leasing out my land 4 or 5 years ago to try to help out my childrens college funds a little. I run the cameras, and fill the feeders for my hunter. Some how, I got really into trail cam pictures. I enjoy them more than I ever did hunting. I have about 35 different antlers bucks on film this year. I thought I would share some from this week. The little paint doe is my favorite. She knows the sound of my 4 wheeler, and shows up about 15 minutes after I fill my peanut butter feeder.

That young buck has about as much mass as I have seen for his age. I'm looking forward to following his progress. The other two are probably shooters. I wish they would let the 3rd one go. He'll be ready next year.

That is a nice buck. I like the paint doe too. I have an old buck that is a paint and you can see his markings on some of the deer in the woods. I call him Whitey. I could have taken him last year but the drag was just too much so I gave him a pass. If I see him again this year I will harvest him because he is pretty old and in decline. I just hope when and if I do see him he will be closer to a road this time.

I don't really know what attracts me to the trail cam pics. I haven't hunted in close to 20 years. I like to separate out my pictures, and know my total number of bucks. I also like to match them up with last years pictures, and see their progress. I moved my cameras all the feeders except one last week when the acorns started falling. Those bucks are on scrapes. My big bucks almost never hit the feeders.

Same here. Bucks normally work the perimeters of the feeders unless you keep food out there year round then they are more apt to come to them at times. I was watching a few bucks the other day and they were about 200 yards from the feeder but there were a few doe around the feeder. The bucks were 2-3 year olds so I just watched them. I scoped them some just to have something to do then got bored and set my rifle down. No sooner than I laid it down a large buck stepped out about 400 yards from the feeder and he just looked at the bucks having their pushing match and just snubbed them and stepped on off in the brush. If I had only kept my rifle on the others I might have had a chance but its the challenge of getting something like him is what keeps me going in the woods.

Nice pictures. I enjoyed that. Someone should start a trail cam thread like we have the "What I am seeing today" thread.

I like looking at trail cam pics too.

I lurk on some hunting forums just to look at trail cam pics. I actually joined one 2 years ago, and posted some of my pics of how the bucks changed over a two year period. It made me wonder how much ananimity we actually have on a forum. With in a few days, I was getting calls from people that had tracked me down. All they wanted was to lease some ground, but it was very telling. I had posted very little personal information.

I think it is illegal to shoot an albino deer or one with altered markings here. There was a big to do a while back. Those are really cool pics. I plan on buying a camera this year after they go on sale after season and christmas. I never had much luck in the past because it has always been so windy here- but I have tons of pictures of leaves and waving bushes. I want to try it again.

Bigfoot":2ib9lnhh said:
I lurk on some hunting forums just to look at trail cam pics. I actually joined one 2 years ago, and posted some of my pics of how the bucks changed over a two year period. It made me wonder how much ananimity we actually have on a forum. With in a few days, I was getting calls from people that had tracked me down. All they wanted was to lease some ground, but it was very telling. I had posted very little personal information.

Sorry, had a buddy that worked at NSA that owed me a favor.

Commercialfarmer":2cz0gpx6 said:
Bigfoot":2cz0gpx6 said:

Sorry, had a buddy that worked at NSA that owed me a favor.

CF, you really need to wash your truck. BTW - right rear tire looks like it needs some air too. :lol2:

Years ago at the prsidio in sandiego there was a herd of pied marked deer. One year somebody shot one that had gone down across the highway to the river. It wasn;t illegal to shoot it but from the stink that was raised you would think he was goign to prison for life. Most of the people that raised a stink didn;t even know there were deer at the presido let alone pieds. I don;t think most of them even knew where or what the presido was. In the early 60s we ran cows in that area and saw them all the time, then it was all beef cows and dairys. Now it's all shopping centers and interstates.

Bet those same people didn't raise any stink when they tore up the land to build the Starbucks Coffee shop.

Nice pictures, I wider racks better than taller ones, so the first and last pictures looked good to me.

I was cutting hay last year on a 80 acre piece of land right in the middle of a town here, and jumped up a albino fawn. The owner of the place got some pictures of it, but it didn't make it past bow season, here the department of conservation wants you to shoot them if you get the chance.

That young buck was on some persimmons just a few minutes ago while I was checking the cows. I sure hope people let him walk. He will be a very impressive in 2 more years.

Bigfoot":2l3pl7nm said:
That young buck was on some persimmons just a few minutes ago while I was checking the cows. I sure hope people let him walk. He will be a very impressive in 2 more years.

Wanna lay a bet they won't? I'll even give you good odds. It seems many people love the taste of antlers of any size and will pass up a plump doe so they can kill a "trophy". :bang:

Jogeephus":29uehdal said:
Bigfoot":29uehdal said:

Wanna lay a bet they won't? I'll even give you good odds. It seems many people love the taste of antlers of any size and will pass up a plump doe so they can kill a "trophy". :bang:

I have not shot a buck in years and my freezer has been full of venison all that time.

Same here. I'm trying to get the age of my bucks up to 4.5-5 years and each time someone shoots a juvenile it hurts the whole program for several years.

There are two bucks I am hunting. I don't know if I will even get a chance at them but they are the only two I know I will shoot. The last big one I had my sights on I hunted for two years. I finally figured his pattern out and had him nailed dead to rights as he courted a doe for 15 minutes less than 100 yards in front of me but for some reason holding the scope on him was enough for me and I let him walk and turned a friend of mine on it. Told him where to be and when and in less than an hour the buck stepped out and he got his shot.