Summer pneumonia

Help Support CattleToday:

it sounds to me like this is different from what we had, ... ours affected only yearlings and older, and it was when temps went into the 90's... it's called Atypical Pneumonia, or Panter, since the cows start to get a droopy head and start panting and sometimes coughing.. we've only ever had 1 cow survive it, and 1 heifer that survided, though seriously damaged in the lungs... I don't know if the herd built up some immunity, or if it was a leftover disease from the previous owner of the place having horses... but we haven't had a recurrence of it in 15 years now... we had lost 5 of our best cows to it... really hurts on a herd of 15

Jeanne - Simme Valley":147m6kyu said:
I'm not Davis - but yes, they are sold in single applications. I keep them on hand all the time for our show string.
Was going back through some old posts... you said you keep it on hand all the time for the show string... so I have a question...
I gave the TSV to my show string in September.... and I had assumed that I would just booster it annually but what do you do? By your response it sounded to me like you might booster it prior to shows? Just curious.

Latest posts