Summer pics of my steers (plenty of pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
I was trying to get pics of the better-looking steers out of over 70 of the rest. It was hard to decide, because they all looked good. AND healthy.

DSCF0929.JPG

Limmi and others

DSCF0930.JPG

Biggest simmi of all simmi's (in the herd, of course)

DSCF0931.JPG

Black Angus

DSCF0943.JPG

Char-Herf-Angus(?) X - he looks flighty, but actually he only has a flight zone of a little under 3 feet around me. ;-)

DSCF0946.JPG

Here he is again...side view

DSCF0945.JPG

LimmiX

DSCF0947.JPG

Red AngusX

DSCF0950.JPG

Front view of big simmi

DSCF0951.JPG

Butts

DSCF0952.JPG

HerfX and Butt-end of a Limmi

DSCF0953.JPG

LimmiX - another docile one.

So, whaddya think? To me, they look like they could go to the feedlot anyday now...

Canadian_Cowgirl":2z8akp0j said:
But then you will be cowless!! Look good!! over here they dont want them like that, we got more for the skinnyer unfinished ones!

Katy

Well, the thing is is that they won't be sold anyway until grazing season is over, or almost over.

And sorry to those who've seen these steers a number of times already. ;-) Just can't help showing all of ye how well they're doing this year :D

great steers, they do look like they could go anyday!! good luck with them.

Thanks everyone

No, they're not by the road, a section of our fence was torn out by the County in our other pasture so that they could fix the road and make it a higher grade. But once they get it back up, they'll be let in there.

I'm thinking that these steers are probably averaging around 900 lbs already, though these a few that look like their 50 lbs under that average. But most are around that average, a few a might higher.

And at least they're doing their job, a good one at that - turning grass into beef.

Latest posts