Suggestions needed, indexing recipe cards

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
A few years ago my mom gave me a bunch of her recipes she made us while growing up. Over the years I have also collected recipes. Now that I'm more serious about cooking I'm collecting more, if we like the meal.

I need to organize my recipe box and categorize the recipes. I have a rough idea on some categories, soups, salads, desserts, ect. But this is a project I only want to do once. Any input would be helpful.

And yes I am a real mans man! :lol: I just like to create dishes! :shock:

Thanks for any suggestions,

Alan

I think the simplist way would be to scan them as a jpg and save them with something in the title like pigs feet, broiling, sauce, and any other words that may make it easy to find. Then save them all in a file called recipes. That way when you want to find something just do a quick search of a key word and it will pop up.

Alan":1uwkxd0t said:
A few years ago my mom gave me a bunch of her recipes she made us while growing up. Over the years I have also collected recipes. Now that I'm more serious about cooking I'm collecting more, if we like the meal.

I need to organize my recipe box and categorize the recipes. I have a rough idea on some categories, soups, salads, desserts, ect. But this is a project I only want to do once. Any input would be helpful.

And yes I am a real mans man! :lol: I just like to create dishes! :shock:

Thanks for any suggestions,

Alan

That's women's work
Tell your wife to do it :D

Latest posts