Beef roast recipe.

Help Support CattleToday:

Same here. Too many packaged ingredients. Package of this, pack of that... and those pepperocini peppers..are they the pickled salad peppers?
Thanks, but 8 hrs is way longer than I can wait to eat beef.
I never go 8 hours. I go by the weight of the roast. I use the oven, not a slow cooker.
The peppers are in a jar in the stores, so maybe they are pickled salad peppers. I put them in soup and stew when they are ready to eat.

A friend is into Sous Vide cooking. He bought a side of beef from me 1/2 wagyu 1/4 black angus 1/8 british white 1/8 holstein and invited us to have dinner with his family and served a roast from that steer. I've never tased any better, it was memorable. He explained the long cooking process to me, something like cooking it at 128 degrees.
Don't know that I would ever go to that much time, trouble and expense, but dang it was good. He also worked in an old fashion butcher shop as a young man and everyone knows making sure to cut it across the grain when serving makes all the difference in the world.

Have any of you tried Mississippi Pot Roast? It's really tasty and GOOD.

• 3-1/2 to 4 pounds chuck roast or cubed stew beef
  • 1 packet au jus gravy mix
  • 1 packet ranch dressing mix
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 2 to 8 pepperoncini peppers, depending on how much heat you want
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • Put it in a crock pot or in the oven.

• Place the chuck roast or stew beef into the slow-cooker insert. Sprinkle the dry gravy mix and dry ranch dressing mix over the roast, then place the stick of butter on top of the meat. Place the pepperoncini peppers on and around the meat; the more you add, the spicier the roast and gravy will be. Pour 1/4 cup of water over everything.
  • Turn the slow cooker on to the low setting, and allow the meat and ingredients to cook for eight hours. When the meat is done, it should be fall-apart tender. (If you choose to use cubed stew beef, it may finish cooking a bit sooner; check after 7-1/2 hours to see if the meat is tender.)
  • Use tongs to move the cooked roast and the pepperoncini to a cutting board. Use two forks to pull the meat apart into shreds, removing any pieces of fat that remain.
  • I don't do this, but you can: Pour the cooking liquid through a strainer into a gravy separator or a large glass measuring cup. Allow the fat to rise to the top so you can pour or skim it from the surface. Discard the fat. Pour the meat juices into a small saucepan, and bring it to a simmer over medium-high heat. Slowly sprinkle the flour into the simmering liquid, whisking it in after each addition. Simmer the gravy a few seconds longer until it begins to thicken.
  • Place the meat and peppers back in the slow cooker and pour the gravy over it. Use tongs to toss everything together. Serve the Mississippi Pot Roast and peppers over mashed potatoes, cooked rice or cooked barley. Add a few extra pepperoncini from the jar if you'd like. It's also delicious piled onto soft rolls to make sandwiches.
That's what we had for Christmas supper. Everybody loved it, even the little ones. IMO, you can cut the butter in half.

What is the procedure you use to smoke a chuck roast?
Room temperature, slather with mustard as a binder, coat heavily with Kavenders, course salt, black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Smoke until medium rare, pull off and it will cook a little more and end up medium. Slice thin with electric knife. It should have a good bark on it from the seasonings. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Have any of you tried Mississippi Pot Roast? It's really tasty and GOOD.

• 3-1/2 to 4 pounds chuck roast or cubed stew beef
  • 1 packet au jus gravy mix
  • 1 packet ranch dressing mix
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 2 to 8 pepperoncini peppers, depending on how much heat you want
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • Put it in a crock pot or in the oven.

• Place the chuck roast or stew beef into the slow-cooker insert. Sprinkle the dry gravy mix and dry ranch dressing mix over the roast, then place the stick of butter on top of the meat. Place the pepperoncini peppers on and around the meat; the more you add, the spicier the roast and gravy will be. Pour 1/4 cup of water over everything.
  • Turn the slow cooker on to the low setting, and allow the meat and ingredients to cook for eight hours. When the meat is done, it should be fall-apart tender. (If you choose to use cubed stew beef, it may finish cooking a bit sooner; check after 7-1/2 hours to see if the meat is tender.)
  • Use tongs to move the cooked roast and the pepperoncini to a cutting board. Use two forks to pull the meat apart into shreds, removing any pieces of fat that remain.
  • I don't do this, but you can: Pour the cooking liquid through a strainer into a gravy separator or a large glass measuring cup. Allow the fat to rise to the top so you can pour or skim it from the surface. Discard the fat. Pour the meat juices into a small saucepan, and bring it to a simmer over medium-high heat. Slowly sprinkle the flour into the simmering liquid, whisking it in after each addition. Simmer the gravy a few seconds longer until it begins to thicken.
  • Place the meat and peppers back in the slow cooker and pour the gravy over it. Use tongs to toss everything together. Serve the Mississippi Pot Roast and peppers over mashed potatoes, cooked rice or cooked barley. Add a few extra pepperoncini from the jar if you'd like. It's also delicious piled onto soft rolls to make sandwiches.
My wife has also cooked some of our tamed rabbit this way, very good.

Room temperature, slather with mustard as a binder, coat heavily with Kavenders, course salt, black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Smoke until medium rare, pull off and it will cook a little more and end up medium. Slice thin with electric knife. It should have a good bark on it from the seasonings. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
I put mustard on pork ribs, have never tried it on a beef roast. I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Latest posts