stupid morons

Help Support CattleToday:

Miss Daisy

Reaction score
yesterday i visited my grandma and we had a long talk about stupid people and what a pain they are to put up with. not 10 minutes after i left her place i got rear ended by a van full of college kids. i was at a stop sign, completely stopped, waiting for my turn and they just ran right into me from behind. i pulled over and they just kept on driving!!! i realize thats a big no-no and i should have called the cops but i didnt get the plate number so all i would have had to tell them is the brown van heading east on mountain view. oh well. my truck is fine it has a real heavy duty custom bumper so it didnt feel a thing. what i dont understand is this is the third time this has happened to me in the past year and a half. Same situation, I'm stopped at a sign and somebody runs into me from behind. The first time it was a woman reaching on the floor for her cigarette lighter and her foot came off the brake. :mad: I drive a bright RED truck, you'd think they'd see me sitting there! DUH!!!

that just tells you theres alot of juggheads on the road.an they dont watch what they are doing.

I firmly believe that we are morphing into a race of really stupid people. It is kinda scary, actually. I have been driving my husband's car for the past several days, his Crossfire. It is a little bitty thing. I have almost been run over twice by semi's that just do not see me, I guess. I honk the horn and move over right before I become road toast.

This happened to me many years ago, only I was injured, because the guy was going over 50 moph and I was at a dead stop. Had to be taken out of my lil dodge ram truck on a back board, and taken to the ER. I was OK in the end, but I did suffer from some balance ear issues for some time after, and the guy was tested for drunk driving on hte spot, although I was never able to find out if he was or not. He did track me down and contacted me over the phone, apologizing profusely. My truck was totalled and he walked away with no injuries, only guilt.

GMN

Miss Daisy, sorry about your troubles. Some advice here. Next time it happens, put your truck in reverse and give it the gas! :D

I drive school bus. 12 foot high 40 feet long.

Funny banana colour. :banana:

Been in 2 accidents in 5 years.

Rammed from behind on school property.

You guessed it - other school buses. :eek:

Maybe thats why they want the buses parked before the kids are let loose! :lol:

MistyMorning":p86xve89 said:
Miss Daisy, sorry about your troubles. Some advice here. Next time it happens, put your truck in reverse and give it the gas! :D

Is that speaking from experience??? :lol2:

ALX; you and the "yellow submarine"... priceless.. next tme follow Misty's advice..(with out children around) I want to hear about it on the news.
BTW love "the where you are from"...2funny...

Glad you are OK Daisy.

You don't have a lot of those cool bumper stickers on your bumper do you? I almost rearended someone last week cause I was too busy reading the stickers. They had some good one's. :lol:

Crowderfarms":3k41xd3v said:
Miss Haisy,

Ya'll ever heard of Brake Lights? We've had em here for a while now, and seem to work perty good. :D

As much as I hate to agree with someone from TN, that was the first thing that crossed my mind... Only difference is in TN the brake lights have candles in them that you have to run 'round back and light at every intersection!

Husband got rear ended several years ago. Guy was tailgating him and he had to stop for the red light. No damage to his truck because he had a homemade trailer hitch back there that weights close to 100lbs. He didn't bother to even look at the other guys car, just chewed him out for being stupid.

last year I had this crazy person tailgaiting me on the highway. :mad:
I had all four kids in the car with me. I slowed down so he would pass me, unfortunately the small truck five miles up the road wasn't so lucky (this was a two lane highway).
She slammed on her brakes apparently for a deer and the Yukon plowed right into her. :eek:
Thank goodness I had my jump bag and bunker gear in the car. :clap:
It had just stopped snowing the day before and I was able to keep her warm, along with putting her is a C-collar and giving her O2. It took 45min. for the fire dept. to come out. By the way we were 5 miles from the station.
The lady had a broken neck from the impact; I didn't find this out for many months later. I left my phone number in her glove compartment so I could testify against that jerk in court for her.
I did get a phone call from her, she was so thankful for all my help, but I never got a call to go to court. :mad: :mad:

About 2 years ago, I was rear-ended on my tractor while transporting hay down a public road. The police estimated that the guy was going 80 mph. He completely broke off my left rear tire and totalled his S10. Had the ditch not busted him up, I would have.

Gerald-
Did you have the proper road lights and your caution triangle mounted behind the cab on your tractor?
Remember when you take your tractor on the road you should always have the proper safety equipment so others will notice you.
I hope you did because otherwise you owe the man in the S10 an apology and are lucky he did not whip your a$$ on the spot.

I always have the proper running equipment in place and in working order before I get on the road!!

Sugarman":34obab3v said:
Gerald-
Did you have the proper road lights and your caution triangle mounted behind the cab on your tractor?
Remember when you take your tractor on the road you should always have the proper safety equipment so others will notice you.
I hope you did because otherwise you owe the man in the S10 an apology and are lucky he did not whip your a$$ on the spot.

I always have the proper running equipment in place and in working order before I get on the road!!

Sugarman - Actually, I was found 2% at fault by Officer James Simmons. My insurance carrier did have to pick up some of the damages. I was just as shocked by that as I am about your comments.

What good would a orange triangle do if it is blocked by a 1500# bale of hay????? Seems like you and Office James Simmons operate on the same brain frequency. :cowboy:

gerardplauche":2mtwupjx said:
Sugarman":2mtwupjx said:
Gerald-

Sugarman - Actually, I was found 2% at fault by Officer James Simmons. My insurance carrier did have to pick up some of the damages. I was just as shocked by that as I am about your comments.

What good would a orange triangle do if it is blocked by a 1500# bale of hay????? Seems like you and Office James Simmons operate on the same brain frequency. :cowboy:

Doesn't matter much where it is mounted as long as it is visable to other motorist. If the SMV symbol can't be seen because of a bale of hay, it needs to be moved or mounted so that it can be seen. I would suggest getting another one to tie on the bale of hay while moving it down a public road.

Gerald-
OK- I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshi* on your story.
There is no way you were 2% at fault for that accident.

Good point about the hay bale being in the way of the caution triangle.

cfpinz":21cptlhq said:
Crowderfarms":21cptlhq said:
Miss Haisy,

Ya'll ever heard of Brake Lights? We've had em here for a while now, and seem to work perty good. :D

As much as I hate to agree with someone from TN, that was the first thing that crossed my mind... Only difference is in TN the brake lights have candles in them that you have to run 'round back and light at every intersection!

Drivers! When you are stopped on the road waiting to turn or waiting for the light to change, KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE BRAKE PEDAL!
I never hit anyone, but I have flat spotted tires because folks were sitting on the highway with no light showing they were stopped. It isn't easy to notice that that car ahead is stopped until it is too late to do anything but sacrifice the tires.
As r.e. Tennessee drivers, I ain't riding with them under any circumstances. We see a lot of those plates up here, and next to "handicap" plates they are the leading indicator of "steer clear". Does TN have a policy of telling bad drivers to get out of town?

3fifty7":1saej53o said:
gerardplauche":1saej53o said:
He completely broke off my left rear tire
Gerald
You cant make a statement like that and give no futher details or explanation :!:

What I wrote is exactly what happen. He served to go around me at the last second and struck my left tire directly. The axle snapped and the housing cracked.

Latest posts