Stuck together 5 gallon pails ?

Help Support CattleToday:

tap the rim on the bottom bucket with a hammer going around in circles with someone holding on to the top bucket

Plastic pails?
Pour boiling water over the rims, roll them around on the floor then pull them apart (standing on the handle or rim of the upper one helps).

And never stack same size pails together... sometimes I sit them at an angle on another bucket, or 'pyramid' them, to save space, but you can be sure something will knock them straight and next morning it'll take hot water to separate them.

I think most ideas on here have been proven, I'd try blowing compressed air into them if you can from around the rim... might need a fairly high volume gun. I've never had them stick together that bad... We get all our oil from one place, so they're probably all the same type of pail... Perhaps different brands have just slightly different pails?

well too late now but if ya put water in the btm the top one wont settle into the btm one and they wont stick...
step on the edge of the one inside the other..pull

Compressed air works real well. Blow right around the rim of the pail with your blow gun. Pop right loose.

jedstivers":qfxuhkwz said:
Before I'd go to all the trouble of doing all the stuff I'd just burn them and get some more. My day doesn't have time slotted for all that.
Could throw a tire or two in the pile too.

remember my tire pile :) ;-) I think they burn better at night. :shock:

ha...i bought a pasture that had a junk pile on it with probly 300 tires..that sucker went like a volcano..it scared me after i lit it off. god knows how many tires it had...it made a heck of a mess after too..char and wires evrywhere..it burnt for days....i could see the smoke from town.
fire dept came buy and watched it from the road for about a half hr and then just left. never said a word...

it was an amazing fire

Latest posts