Moving to 5 acres with no water- advice needed

Help Support CattleToday:

Supertrace":376d4wyj said:
Our FFA chapterloost their land and we are moving to a new property. No water well yet. :cry: we are doing our best to find solutions for hauling out drinking water but could sure use advice on the best solution for bathing our show cattle. We're looking at portable pump showers but just don't know. Anyone ever gone through this? Thank you for any tips, products, or ideas you could let me know about!

You can buy 300gal totes like this - http://houston.craigslist.org/for/3162352451.html all over houston. Build some stands to hold a few of these, then you can plumb them to troughs using fill-float valve; be sure to use SCREEN washers right before float valve (washers fit in hose connection).

Wash cattle? just get a gasoline-powered pressure washer (ON LOW SETTING) - easy! :santa:

hooknline":2hu3k4t2 said:
Let me tell ya a little story about driving wells with hammers and points........

Heck with the story. I'll provide the sledge hammer and points and beer. You c'mon over and I'll watch your method and learn. :D
It needs to be about 150 ft feet deep BTW.

hooknline":3imqthlr said:
Let me tell ya a little story about driving wells with hammers and points........

Sounds like a good lesson for Saturday mornin.......;) Can you really do that? I'm all ears.

Let's just say that it was dern near cheaper to have the well drilled than the trip to the hospital.

Latest posts