Stuck Myself Today

Help Support CattleToday:

OUCH! that makes me cringe just thinking about it....

Also, if your a woman there are some sync drugs you SHOULD not administer, I was told by my vet to not even handle the bottle or used syringes/needles, I don't know about all of them though.

sidney411":7ovtm8of said:
Also, if your a woman there are some sync drugs you SHOULD not administer, I was told by my vet to not even handle the bottle or used syringes/needles, I don't know about all of them though.

Lutalyse, ECP, Cystorelin - prostiglandin, estrogen, GnRH - for starters... I handle them anyway on a regular basis but you bet I'm very careful. :shock: :lol:

There's one used on horses... I'm thinking it's Regumate or something like that? ...that will permanently mess a gal up. Lute and the like would certainly cause problems :oops: but at least not permanently.

We, that being my daughter and I, buy Frontline for large dogs then break it down to use on the smaller dogs. We stick a needle with a syringe attached into the packet.

When my oldest grandson was about 3, he came in right after my son-in-law had drawn up the last of the packet and had laid the needle and syringe down for just a second. My grandson said, "Give daddy shot" and stuck my son-in-law in the butt. Just pricked him, but my son-in-law freaked...called poison control and then checked with the nurse where he worked...and after they got done laughing, they told him he would be ok.

I poked my tongue with a needle that had a minute amount of nuflor on it...won't even go into the details of that...and my tongue went numb. Like to never got that nasty taste outta my mouth.

Alice

Well, since this thread is still going, I'll provide an update. Since it had been about 10 years since my last tetanus shot, I went in today to get one. Doc seemed more worried about my blood pressure than the needle stick and my request for a tetanus shot. Oh well, after some discussion, he finally agreed to give me the shot. I'm good for 10 more years now. Oh, and the thumb is back to normal already.

Thanks All!

Tom

sidney411":2qi5xz2w said:

Yes, about 3 years ago I accidently "sync'd" myself. Talk about schedule changes! :shock:

If women should find themselves in a position to handle the syncronization drugs, be very careful.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":3lz11m6s said:
sidney411":3lz11m6s said:

Yes, about 3 years ago I accidently "sync'd" myself. Talk about schedule changes! :shock:

If women should find themselves in a position to handle the syncronization drugs, be very careful.

Katherine

Yeah - it has already been mentioned. I will add Estrumate to the list.

In this house the ladies are not allowed to touch the bottle - skin absorption is a potential with almost all sync drugs.

I play man of the house when we use this stuff.

I let wife use the micotil - she is better insured!! (A joke people a joke!!)

:D 8)

Bez?