Stray bullet story

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms

Reaction score
Let me tell y'all a story about a stray bullet. This happened to my daddy's sister in law's stepdad's cousin's mother's boyfriend, Shermaine. He was out in the cow lot trying to pull triplets from his 1593 pound Zebu 8 year old heifer with a spanner. (He lives somewhere in Texas on a mega farm/ranch) First thing he done was put a 5x6 roll of hay in front of her. He then tied a rope to the heifers front legs, dragged her over the bale of hay and then tied her front legs to to a tree where she couldn't go down. Then he hooks a come along to his squeeze chute to hold her back legs and then hooks a logging chain around each calf's head so he could pull them all at the same time and then commenced pulling away with the spanner. Right before he pulled the triplets into six pieces he heard his neighbor shooting his Taurus Judge .308/M16/Mini 14 combo automatic lever action revolver. Bullets were bouncing off the chute and then one ricocheted off the logging chain and struck the mega ranchers champion Chowdoodle cow dog in the eye. Now keep in mind that the weekender neighbor is shooting from the other side of a mountain that is at least 9213 yards away. Anyways the Chowdoodle goes ballistic. He runs up behind the cow and bites her square in the azz (just like True Grit said "never seen a dog that couldn't bite). Then the cow nuts up, starts bucking, pulls the squeeze chute off the corral, and kicks Shermaine right in the cods. Just like that both nutz are ruptured. But it gets worse. During all the bucking, all three calves come out at once. The flying spanner is like a giant weed whacker (it's still attached to the cow remember) and while Shermaine is doubled over with his ruptured testicles, the spanner comes back around and rotary mowers him down. (This is sometimes referred to as bush hogging him down, depending on where one lives). Now he has ruptured cods, a broken arm, and a concussion. All because of some ignorant weekender.

6 months later..... The heifer bled out. Turns out it wasn't triplets but a 3 headed transgender calf that's gonna wean a 7 months an estimated impressive 1245 lbs. The Chowdoodle lost sight in both eyes. Shermaine has to have his entire business amputated and subsequently became a monk. Shermaine's wife, adniL, ran off with the weekender and took over the Megafarm/Ranch. Have you ever?

JMJ Farms":2rx8jqd8 said:
Let me tell y'all a story about a stray bullet. This happened to my daddy's sister in law's stepdad's cousin's mother's boyfriend, Shermaine. He was out in the cow lot trying to pull triplets from his 1593 pound Zebu 8 year old heifer with a spanner. (He lives somewhere in Texas on a mega farm/ranch) First thing he done was put a 5x6 roll of hay in front of her. He then tied a rope to the heifers front legs, dragged her over the bale of hay and then tied her front legs to to a tree where she couldn't go down. Then he hooks a come along to his squeeze chute to hold her back legs and then hooks a logging chain around each calf's head so he could pull them all at the same time and then commenced pulling away with the spanner. Right before he pulled the triplets into six pieces he heard his neighbor shooting his Taurus Judge .308/M16/Mini 14 combo automatic lever action revolver. Bullets were bouncing off the chute and then one ricocheted off the logging chain and struck the mega ranchers champion Chowdoodle cow dog in the eye. Now keep in mind that the weekender neighbor is shooting from the other side of a mountain that is at least 9213 yards away. Anyways the Chowdoodle goes ballistic. He runs up behind the cow and bites her square in the azz (just like True Grit said "never seen a dog that couldn't bite). Then the cow nuts up, starts bucking, pulls the squeeze chute off the corral, and kicks Shermaine right in the cods. Just like that both nutz are ruptured. But it gets worse. During all the bucking, all three calves come out at once. The flying spanner is like a giant weed whacker (it's still attached to the cow remember) and while Shermaine is doubled over with his ruptured testicles, the spanner comes back around and rotary mowers him down. (This is sometimes referred to as bush hogging him down, depending on where one lives). Now he has ruptured cods, a broken arm, and a concussion. All because of some ignorant weekender.

6 months later..... The heifer bled out. Turns out it wasn't triplets but a 3 headed transgender calf that's gonna wean a 7 months an estimated impressive 1245 lbs. The Chowdoodle lost sight in both eyes. Shermaine has to have his entire business amputated and subsequently became a monk. Shermaine's wife, adniL, ran off with the weekender and took over the Megafarm/Ranch. Have you ever?

2018 Post Of The Year . . . . . . . . . . . . No other entries needed. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I used to buy hay from Shermaine. Nice guy. One of the few fellas in the country who'd sell hay by the mess. I prefer buying it by the mess. Much fairer. Shermaine agreed. So is he out of the hay business now? I hope not. Last I bought from him was only $15/mess delivered. I offered to pay more but he explained his trailer was so big it made it pencil out and he didn't want to gouge me.

True Grit Farms":1z0403uk said:
You sure there wasn't a Wilson 9mm super sonic involved in the shooting?

It was a Taurus Judge .308/M16/Mini 14 combo automatic lever action revolver. But I stand corrected TG. Wilson was involved in designing this particular firearm. So you are right. It technically was a Wilson. But don't get your hopes up bc you can't afford one. YOU ARE NOT a mega farmer/rancher like Shermaines weekender neighbor is now!

haase":3vvfufbn said:
Was it at night time and he was trying out his brand new night vision goggles?

Who? The weekender? Shermaine? Or the dog?

Yes and no. It was nighttime. The weekender was using a 45x90 geothermal heat seeking scope. Shermaine had generation 8 night vision goggles. The dog... well the dog, being as he was a Champion Westminster Chowdoodle cow dog he needed neither bc he has 20/0 night vision in HD. He also had a built in geothermal sensor in his nose, which allowed him to zero in on the heat from that heifers azz right before he sank his teeth into it :nod:

That story was funny and I'm still laughing but......jealousy is an ugly thing. Sounds like you still feed out of a bucket. Good story though.

Lucky":1y25y5dw said:
That story was funny and I'm still laughing but......jealousy is an ugly thing. Sounds like you still feed out of a bucket. Good story though.

I do. Each cow has its own individually numbered, color coded bucket. They get 1 1/2 gallons each per day, rain or shine, hot or cold. Fill em up at the house and then haul them to the pastures. Bought a school bus just to haul the buckets!

Thanks for the compliment on the story. I was bored and it was fun to write. All in good fun!

JMJ Farms":2kretgsp said:
Lucky":2kretgsp said:

I do. Each cow has its own individually numbered, color coded bucket. They get 1 1/2 gallons each per day, rain or shine, hot or cold. Fill em up at the house and then haul them to the pastures. Bought a school bus just to haul the buckets!

Thanks for the compliment on the story. I was bored and it was fun to write. All in good fun!

That story was funniest thing I read in a long time. I was just seeing if you could take a little mashin since you was dishing it out. Some on this board can't. Bravo partner

Latest posts