Storms in Alabama and Georgia

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":25c01h3a said:
Thank you for the pictures John. Tuning in to the news only shows the royal wedding over and over. Maybe two minutes coverage of the storms. If a nuke plant had been hit and someone died, we'd see plenty of storm coverage.

I did hear that somewhere in Bama they were powering down a nuke plant. Didn't hear the exact location and haven't heard anymore about it. At least if the Pope died there would be a billion folks that absolutely cared and would be affected.

No dis respect for the pope was intended. I remember being laid up in the 70's 3 channels of television with pope coverage for days.

Just looking for details since various friends are spread out in the area. They live a long way from tornado alley and aren't equipped with shelters etc.

The power lines going to the TVA nuke plant in north Alabama where blown away. They still had the back up diesel generators to keep the rods cool.

It was purty nasty around here. The destruction in the area is indescribable and pictures don't do it justice. We had two go through 30 minutes apart virtually on the same path. Both missed us by about 2 miles. It was the cell that started with Tuscaloosa through Birmingham and on to us. It is amazing the width of the destruction. A mile and a half of messed up stuff with the middle mile taking the brunt.

A buddy had my trailer. He got blasted. The trailer was hooked up. The truck never moved from it's spot. It is going to need a little work. There must have been 100 folks helping clean up, bringing food and water or supplying support however they could. That makes everyone feel better after such an event.

011.jpg

Wewild":2gueok80 said:
It was purty nasty around here. The destruction in the area is indescribable and pictures don't do it justice. We had two go through 30 minutes apart virtually on the same path. Both missed us by about 2 miles. It was the cell that started with Tuscaloosa through Birmingham and on to us. It is amazing the width of the destruction. A mile and a half of messed up stuff with the middle mile taking the brunt.

A buddy had my trailer. He got blasted. The trailer was hooked up. The truck never moved from it's spot. It is going to need a little work. There must have been 100 folks helping clean up, bringing food and water or supplying support however they could. That makes everyone feel better after such an event.

011.jpg

Glad you're OK, Wewild. Wish you'd post more.

I was in the basement of a house that was heavily damaged during the Marion tornado back in "82. Pretty scary stuff. The noise was unbelievable. Watched a lot of the Weather Channel last night before I went to bed. Had trouble sleeping thinking about what was going on down south.

Anyone talked to Bill Helton? A supercell went through Cullman near him and he isn't answering his cell, and his home number is out of service.

Most of the rain and all the storms went around us. To the north they got hit hard, are prayers and thoughts are with them. My first cousin lost his roof and his whole barn, every bodys alive so thats good.

Hate to see all the loss and destruction, prayers are with those involved. Good to hear from bammy and the others I was thinking of him when I heard of the trouble.

Larry

Red Bull Breeder":3pbk9cek said:
I only visit with Bill on here RDSam, sure hope him and his family are all right. Glad to here Alabama and Wewild are ok.

He just called and said everyone was fine at his place. He has been without service up to now. Bill said the tornado came real close, about close enough to throw a rock where the path was.

I hope the best for all that have lost to this. Thanks for the kind remarks.

My day started off yesterday trying to make it to Dalton for a meeting. A coworker calls and said Guntersville AL got hit. His parents were camping at the State Park. He said I would hit rain in Calhoun but had time to get to the meeting before the cells came over. Ten minutes after the meeting starts we go from a watch to a warning. Tornado hit Resaca just to the south. This is a picture of his dad's truck. They holed up in the bath house until it was done.They didn't get cut out until late afternoon and had to go back in the bathhouse with the trees on it for the second round. Everyone was shaken but OK. His truck is gona need a bit more work than my trailor. His camper is not in the picture but wasn't hurt much.
TruckGuntersville.jpg

Guntersville.jpg

Tornado that hit them.
tornado.jpg

Just heard about it on the NEWS, glad to hear that you all seem to be OK, I was getting worried. I will be praying for you all that the winds have gone now, it must have been frightening to say the least. We have them here but not to that scale, and thankfully I have not seen one in years, 1987 was the last time. Take care and God Bless you all.

Prayers are out for all of the people in the area. Tornadoes - once you have been hit there is no forgetting. But from experience I will tell all of the people stay strong. It won't happen fast but you will recover. And remember, God does not put anything on us that we can't handle, if even if it seems at the time that we can't.

the one that hit in Guntersville is the one that came over us,,found some pictures while checking the cows yesterday,, dont know who they are.. i heard up in Ooltewah they had cows up in trees

I have a friend near the Huntsville area, town is called Harvest. We have not been able to get in touch with them and can't find anything on the news about the Harvest area. Do any of you guys know how that area was affected?

Latest posts